Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From: MCI - Customer Relations [mailto:MCIC/[email protected]mazda.ca]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:35 PM
Subject: RE: Importing a Mazdaspeed 3 into Canada?

Mr. __________

We appreciate your interest in Mazda. We encourage customer correspondence and are pleased to be of assistance when possible.

The basic manufacturer warranty of 36 months or 80,000 km whichever comes first and the Powertrain warranty of 5 years or 100,000 km whichever comes first are applicable in Canada upon the purchase of a Mazda vehicle from the United States.

However the Mazda extended warranty also known as the Mazda Added Protection (MAP) is not applicable on US Mazda vehicles operated in Canada.

We trust the above information clarifies your concerns.

Regards,

Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:27 AM
To: MCI - Customer Relations
Subject: RE: Importing a Mazdaspeed 3 into Canada?

Good morning,
I reviewed the FAQ section of your website and the enclosed forum (http://www.mazda.ca/OwnerLounge/Interest/IMPORT_FORM_ENG.pdf ) however was unclear if I would be able as a Canadian to import a Mazdaspeed 3 from a US dealer to Canada and retain warranty coverage.

I am interested in colour & option packages that are offered in the US and were announced to not be available in Canada. Can you please confirm if one were to import a desired colour/option package Mazdaspeed 3 that the warranty etc. could be transferred to Canada? Thanks and take care.
For those eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Caliber SRT4, thought i would share another option should the arrival be siginifcantly delayed etc. and you end up considering other options i just thought i would share a response to my question to Mazda Canada about imporing an MS3 from the US.

Given the currency one could save 3-4K GT to GT (more if you got the sport) as well as get another colour besides red. Doesn't mean i am going to get one, but good to know that there are other options available need be

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: Can't wait for the SRT4? Get an MS3 for $3-4k under MRSP and in any colour you want

Just in case everyone in Canada doesn't know Canadian Tire has an accessories/performance catalog you can purchase that has almost
every speed and body mod part availiable in it.
Just ask or order it at the parts counter,will provide hours of reading
and great ideas.

·
Registered
361 Posts
bigtsr said:
Just in case everyone in Canada doesn't know Canadian Tire has an accessories/performance catalog you can purchase that has almost
every speed and body mod part availiable in it.
Just ask or order it at the parts counter,will provide hours of reading
and great ideas.
That's pretty cool. I'm going to have to stop by sometime and see what else they've got. I've been told they can also get stuff from WeatherTech with little markup.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Principal said:
get stuff from WeatherTech .
Don't go to Crappy Tire. The Canadian agent for WeatherTech is Marcor Automotive, 516 Parkdale Ave.N, Hamilton, Ontario. Phone # 1 800 378 MATS.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Can't wait for the SRT4? Get an MS3 for $3-4k under MRSP and in any colour you want

Fyi, weathertech vent visors are $157. at Cdn Tire (checked last week, 2-3 week delivery since they aren't stocked in Canada just yet). Anyone care to compare with Marco?

·
Registered
361 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Don't go to Crappy Tire. The Canadian agent for WeatherTech is Marcor Automotive, 516 Parkdale Ave.N, Hamilton, Ontario. Phone # 1 800 378 MATS.
You wouldn't happen to know if they carry the WeatherTech Cargo Mat for the Caliber would you? I just took a quick look at their web site, but didn't see it. Though www.marcor.ca hasn't been updated since March 2004.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

xcanuk said:
Fyi, weathertech vent visors are $157. at Cdn Tire (checked last week, 2-3 week delivery since they aren't stocked in Canada just yet). Anyone care to compare with Marco?
CTC's got them beat . $162.95 on the WeatherTech Canada website. Seems a rip-off seeing they're only $89.95 on the US site....Principal, weathertech.com or mats.com and click on Canada'

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Unoriginalusername said:
This thread went off topic in a hurry
Sorry about that.:eek:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Just to get back on topic, i've been looking at the Mazda 3 for the past few weeks as a replacement for my 96 E320 Benz which at over 200,000 km is starting to cost me money to keep running. Comparing the crash test results on www.safercar.gov I found that the Caliber had 5 stars front and side impact, the 07 Mazda 3, both sedan and hatch were 4 stars for front and 3 stars for side impact. Both had a 4 star rating for rollover even though the Caliber sits higher. My other option is my local body shop guy really wants the Mercedes and is willing to give me his slightly pimped 86 190E and $10,000 which is more than a stealer would give me on a trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts