Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering around the AAFES car lot in Vogelweh yesterday and two particular cars caught my attention. The first was an Inferno Red Caliber SXT Sport with CVT. The price on the sticker was $17K. Sitting next to it was a yellow Ford Focus SE with 5sp and similar options. The price on ths sticker for the Ford was $19K. That's a $2K difference, even with the Caliber having the auto transmission (which usually costs extra on all cars). If you were to equip the Ford with an auto, the price could easily be more than $3K difference. It makes me wonder why anyone would even bother buying a Ford Focus when they could get much more car for $2K-$3K less with a Caliber similarly equipped.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stumps me too. Here in The Netherlands the Caliber is €2.000 cheaper than Ford or Volkswagen.

The basic Ford Focus C-Max costs €20.800 (1.6 Liter) and the Volkswagen Golf Plus costs €20.400 (1.4 Liter !!!!!)

If you go for a comparable engine sizes from Volkswagen (1.6 Liter) then It's €22.750 (and still no A/C).

Some people are happy to throw money away :) . I'd rather keep the cash for fun stuff.

And to be honest........... I'd never buy a Volkswagen or a Ford anyway..... They're too common.:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Michael K. said:
I was wandering around the AAFES car lot in Vogelweh yesterday and two particular cars caught my attention.......
Excuse the hijack, but the next time you are at Vogleweh, say "hey" for me.. I spent 2 years at Kapaun, AS, and 3 years at Ramstein, AB, in the mid 80s.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i paid $20,855 (U.S) for my R/T

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GypsyBill said:
Excuse the hijack, but the next time you are at Vogleweh, say "hey" for me.. I spent 2 years at Kapaun, AS, and 3 years at Ramstein, AB, in the mid 80s.
I spent four years at Ramstein, and now I'm doing four years at Einsiedlerhof. So far, in almost 15 years (this coming March) I haven't had a CONUS assignment yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts