Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i have a kenwood head unit and i tried installing it without any harness. i wired everything correctly and i have power to the stereo but no sound coming out of the speakers. i have an rt with boston acoustics. I know if i get an amp bypass harness i can get the stocks to work, but im trying to use the stock amp and sub along with my amp and sub i bought. is there anything i can do that utilizes the stock amp along with my purchased ones (oh and when i play the stereo, the sub and amp i installed are working, just no sound from the stock speakers) please help me outt, ive had no music in my car for weeks and its killing me

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
hey guys, so i have a kenwood head unit and i tried installing it without any harness. i wired everything correctly and i have power to the stereo but no sound coming out of the speakers. i have an rt with boston acoustics. I know if i get an amp bypass harness i can get the stocks to work, but im trying to use the stock amp and sub along with my amp and sub i bought. is there anything i can do that utilizes the stock amp along with my purchased ones (oh and when i play the stereo, the sub and amp i installed are working, just no sound from the stock speakers) please help me outt, ive had no music in my car for weeks and its killing me
So if you installed the stereo without a harness, that means you cut the harness off and taped everything together?? Thats a big no no. Mine didn't have an amp, but im sure if you would of got the proper harness, everything would of worked flawlessly. Sorry im not familiar with the wiring for the amp, so I cant be much help. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i used crimping clamps to wire them together. alright i guess im going to have to just buy the harness... thanks for the help man

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is late, but it sounds to me like you missed the factory amp turn on wire. Without that wire connected to your new radio the factory amp would not know to turn on and drive the speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts