Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and came up empty handed, apology in advance if this has been discussed please just link.

With that said, I would like to know if we can purchase the carbon fiber center console you see pictured in the Dodge Brochure? If so where?

·
Registered
153 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Carbon Fiber Trim CALIBER $147.60 Carbon Fiber Trim (CVT Surround) CALIBER $87.60

Prices from the above website. Expensive if only fake carbon fiber.
It is fake. Having been in the composites industry for many years, the 2 x 2 Twill Weave plus the resin and gelcoat to make those pieces would be around those prices. Add to that the cost of the molds, and the labor, and real carbon fibre pieces like those would be in the $500 range. What you're actually buying is a plastic incapsulated picture of a 2 x 2 carbon fibre twill weave.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that's what I want. With the black R/T with dark grey interior I think that would be an improvement on the silver console I have now. Thanks!

p.s I couldn't find them on ebay last I looked if anyone sees an auction please link me.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Check out this place

http://www.phoenix-image.com/

They will coat your factory parts with basically any design or color you want. And it's usually cheaper than buying the Mopar parts, plus you have a choice in what you get

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oldguy said:
The site requires account setup when you follow the link.

Can you just post a picture?
Every computer I have used to go to that site has never been required to create an account, strange, but I see what you mean, to get a larger picture you need to register.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Great, thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
There is also a black bezel just so you know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts