Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the owner's manual (Page 123) it states:
"There are four tie-down loops in the lower trim for securing cargo and D-rings installed on the D pillars for securing a net across the liftgate opening. The tie-downs located on cargo area floor should be used to safely secure loads when vehicle is moving."

I have lookes at SE and SXT models and have yet to find these tie-downs, only 2 useless d-rings located at the base of the D pillar.

Is this an error, cost-cutting or only available on the R/T?

Still waiting for our Caliber................:confused:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good question. I was wondering the same thing, as I would like to get a cargo net - and don't see four attachment points for a net either.

(The little notch above and to the left of the subwoofer is only a place to store the center shoulder belt when unclipped.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dodge Girl Kathy for the great photo.

I've contacted DCX and although they don't have a definite answer it looks like they were planning to install the loops and the D-rings but cut back before production.
Too bad...it reduces the versatility of the Caliber.:confused:

·
Registered
447 Posts
The loops are in your... MIND.

Honestly I haven't seen them either. Maybe they mean the "loops" on the back of the rear seats?

Oh and Kathy, move that tennau cover to the rear slots. Let those rear passengers really recline.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Amandyke said:
Honestly I haven't seen them either. Maybe they mean the "loops" on the back of the rear seats?
Those are the child seat LATCH tethers - but if they can hold down a car seat and a kid, why not use 'em for something else!

Amandyke said:
Oh and Kathy, move that tennau cover to the rear slots. Let those rear passengers really recline.
ah-HA! I saw those cube-like slots but didn't realize they were a 2nd position for the cover. I haven't had any rear seat passengers yet to try out the recline - but I did notice when showing off the car to family this weekend that the seats had no room to recline... Makes sense now that you've pointed that out! Thanks!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
No problem. Once you move the cover back you can recline WAYYYYY back. Just look at the angle of the body moulding back there. That's where the rear seats sit flush with. It's probobly about a 35ish degree recline from verticle. Pretty nuts.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
canoenut said:
I've contacted DCX and although they don't have a definite answer it looks like they were planning to install the loops and the D-rings but cut back before production.
LOL... :mad:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, Joe might actually be right! (just messing with you dude) :D

Wow, the seats do recline a hell of a lot back..damn, I just noticed that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts