Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i dropped off my car at AEM, so they could do emissions/diagnostic/dyno testings on the intake they made for the Caliber. For a rental car they ended up giving me another caliber. Was kinda hoping for something different, but now that i think about it, it gave me a good opportunity to compare/contast the likes/dislikes between the 2.
mines is an AWD R/T, pretty much loaded, with some extras that i have added.
the rental is a bone dry stock SXT.
*Things i like in comparison to mine:
Better gas milage
no loud *BEEP* when i lock the doors
the initial lag off the line isnt quite as long since it doesnt have to spin the AWD.

*Dislikes (much longer list)
no fog lights, caliber lights alone just dont seem bright enough on the rental
handling, traction, oversteer are quite a bit worse on the SXT
not having musicgate in the rental sux, stock stereo with no sat. radio or disc changer is bogus.
although the initial lag off the line on the SXT isnt as bad, its power afterwards seems like far less pull then my R/T has.
Everything on the SXT seems even cheaper then the R/T. All the little options i take for granted like the interior chrome accenting and the color matching seat inserts. The chrome pieces are replace with this cheap plastic crap that looks really tacky.
also dont like that the rental has CVT, but no triptronic shifting. if i buy an automatic, i like having the option of downshifting myself... easier on the brakes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
hay man atlest your not in a 2007 colbalt like me for a renatal

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ya, but is it a SS Supercharged cobalt? ;) that would be hot! lol

one of the things that pissed me off the most is, they didnt even clean the car before they game it to me at Enterprise rentals.... he made such a big deal about making sure that i didnt smoke in it or they would fine me, but the car smells aweful of ciggarettes already. the car had nasty fingerprint marks all in the headliner and on the center consol... the door handles were sticky... and all the guy at Enterprise could say is "Oops sorry, thought they cleaned it."

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Darren07RT said:
*Things i like in comparison to mine:
Better gas milage
no loud *BEEP* when i lock the doors
You can turn the hoking when locking the doors of if you want. Check your owners manual under personal seetings, or whatever it's called.

*Dislikes (much longer list)
no fog lights, caliber lights alone just dont seem bright enough on the rental
That's just because they get the basic no option base model cars for rentals, and some companies even make further stripped down "rental" models that you can't buy from the dealer. I know Ford does.

not having musicgate in the rental sux, stock stereo with no sat. radio or disc changer is bogus.
Yes, I love my music gate

although the initial lag off the line on the SXT isnt as bad, its power afterwards seems like far less pull then my R/T has.
The extra hp and torque on the R/T model will tend to do that

Everything on the SXT seems even cheaper then the R/T. All the little options i take for granted like the interior chrome accenting and the color matching seat inserts. The chrome pieces are replace with this cheap plastic crap that looks really tacky.
It's amazing how some cheap chrome plastic pieces make things seem higher quality than the same piece not chromed.

also dont like that the rental has CVT, but no triptronic shifting. if i buy an automatic, i like having the option of downshifting myself... easier on the brakes.
You can still "downshift" the non-autostick CVT. Just bump it down to L when slowing down. ANd when you start off from a stop, put it in L until you get to about 40-50mph, then kick it up into drive. Makes the acceleration a little better, and gives you somewhat of a fell of control over shifts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good thoughts^^

·
Registered
253 Posts
nope it is a base modale man. mine was not tidied up in side they said it was new did not need it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Darren, Most of the comments you said, are the reason I bought an R/T........I'm still glad I did!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ ya me too...

just realised today i dont have a sunroof in the rental either... i was pissed..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts