Dodge Caliber Forums banner

How Often Do You Wash?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have carwashidus I've had mine 15 days and have washed it 5 times. It has rained every other day as well. Can't stand my 'New Baby' looking dirty and upset.
:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Our Caliber is still on order, but when we get it, it'll probably be washed once a week. I like it clean, but don't have time to wash it more often...since both ou our cars will get washed at the same time.

J

·
Registered
384 Posts
jmettee said:
Our Caliber is still on order, but when we get it, it'll probably be washed once a week. I like it clean, but don't have time to wash it more often...
ditto :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Once a week at least, or after any crappy weather.

I am seaside, so have to take salty ocean spray into consideration.

I have noticed that the Burnt Pumpkin... er, I mean... Sunburst Orange doesn't seem to show dirt much unless it's REALLY bad. That's a good thing. ;)

Oh, and by the way - I was rushing through the title post, poll, and thread because I've been up all night - and misunderstood the question.

I at first thought it was asking how often I wash/bathe MYSELF. :eek:

After all, it DOES ask "How often do you wash?" :cool:

I thought it WAS rather personal, and was seeking the "twice or three times daily" response but couldn't find it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I suppose that would be a good way to get rid of that "new car smell".. not bathing more than once a week, that is LOL.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cars are meant to be clean and polished. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I don't know... I guess I'm just not sentimental enough because I haven't washed my Caliber yet... have had it two months now:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
We got a years free hand wash from the dealer we got it from, so we go 3 -4 times a week. We are going to make back the money we spent on the car in washes alone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
superbang said:
mine's black. i just washed my 50 CAL this morning... i think it's already dirty again.
Yeah I will NEVER own a black car again for this reason! I would spend 3 hours cleaning my 2001 saturn I would go put everything up and then go back outside to look at my work and it would have water spots somewhere on the car!! Black cars are too damn hard to clean!!

I also just order about $80 worth of car cleaning products from turbomangt (gary) over at 300cforums. If you have any questions about cleaning or polishing or waxing he is the guy to ask!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I might get a bug shield. Do they work? Has anyone seen any good ones for the Caliber? I came back last week from driving through the Poconos with massive bug carcasses and juice plastered on my front window and bumper. Quite striking against the silver, I must say. It took 2 car washes and a hand scrubbing to get it completely clean. Bleecch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dianicess said:
I might get a bug shield. Do they work? Has anyone seen any good ones for the Caliber? I came back last week from driving through the Poconos with massive bug carcasses and juice plastered on my front window and bumper. Quite striking against the silver, I must say. It took 2 car washes and a hand scrubbing to get it completely clean. Bleecch.
Hey I got one free with my SXT Sport...Seems to do a good job.

MikeyJCaliber

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I installed the plastic Morpar deflecter last week. Keeps some smaller bugs off the windshield but there isn't enough of a rise on it to sweep them over the window. As for the bumper, extra coats of wax and they peel off without too much scrubing. Driving north of Toronto in the spring I've had to pull over and use a ice scraper on the black flies on the window cause the wipers could'nt clear them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
superbang said:
mine's black. i just washed my 50 CAL this morning... i think it's already dirty again.
I know just how you feel... But I live in a desert. It's always windy, so dust is always around, I shoulda bought the red one...

·
Registered
31 Posts
In almost 6 years I don't think I ever hand washed my Blazer but since getting my "baby" on Friday it's already been done twice and probably the third tonight. That's the drawback to living on a dirt road.:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts