Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem? My check engine light is on and I took it to the dealership they said it was nothing major and turned it off. Well it came on again so I turned it off with a code reader I have at work. About 3 days later came on again and I checked it and wrote down the code. My big question is does anyone know would could or would be causing this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow, and what amazes me is that the dealership just said it was nothing and turned it off without giving at least a partial explanation.

·
Registered
432 Posts
P1607 is apparently "Serial Communication Porblem With Device 7"

I don't know what that means. Perhaps someone else will and post the answer here.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Unless you know exactly what that code means, I wouldn't freak out too much. I've seen three different explainations for what it means. It's a manufacturer specific code for the car. And that doesn't mean it will be the same as what someone with a different car has. On the Neon Canada forum, it has it listed as P1607 Serial Communication Problem With Device 7, or P1607-PCM INTERNAL SHUTDOWN TIMER RATIONALITY. Not sure how serious either one of those are, but I'd say if it keeps coming back, then go back to the dealer and say they need to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I have a 2008 Caliber SXT. It appears the car is in safe mode. I cannot go faster than 20 kms and the engine is idleing very rough. I put my code reader on it and it comes up P1607.....HELP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts