Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't kow if I'm looking at it properly, but I've tried every way and don't see anything... Can you get an actual picture up?

·
Registered
377 Posts
If I see that right, the cell holder has turned to the right?

·
Registered
901 Posts
If it is fastened correctly, there is no way for it to "swivel" in ANY direction. It is not meant to.

It sounds like the hinge mechanism is broken. I'm not near my car to go look, but how does this thing attach - simple "pegs in holes" concept? If so, perhaps if the "pegs" are not broken then it can simply be snapped back into place.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i fixed it!

there's the rubber insert, you can simply remove it by pulling it out.
there you can see 2 bolts. so i could move the upper bolt back to the left side.

so my armrest is fixed again!
:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
mine did this as well. I didnt feel like trying to fix it, so I told the dealer when i took it in for exhaust ping and the rear wiper fluid thing and I have a brand new center console coming in friday to be installed under warranty, because apparently they cant get the right part at the dealership to just fix that one thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol...

thank you for the pictures, they helped coming up with some modding-ideas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine unfortunately does not fit - I have a Windows Mobile cellphone. It's big and square and LONG.

·
Registered
162 Posts
msmarti58 said:
Mine unfortunately does not fit - I have a Windows Mobile cellphone. It's big and square and LONG.
Are you shocked that anything that runs Windows isn't HUGE and MASSIVE? If only Apple made a phone....:(

·
Registered
160 Posts
thrhymes said:
lol...

thank you for the pictures, they helped coming up with some modding-ideas
Hey thrhymes - how far did your modding-ideas grow on this one in the meantime?

I do not only have plenty of waiting time to kill, I also have access to the service guys who do the interior work for the VIP-line at Lufthansa Tech. here in Hamburg.
Still have no Caliber and hence have no armrest to have it upholstered/reworked by those guys though :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts