Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post up so pics of how they installed a center exit exhaust. I know I saw some on here before, but can't get the search to bring up anything.

I would like to see how you mounted it, what kind of muffler you used, and any mods that need to be done.

I have a 07 SXT 2.0l CVT, I would like to make the exhaust a little louder but not sound like most of the Hondas running around where you can hear them for 3 miles but they are doing 20MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I had posted a photoshop pic of the setup I wanted with a center exhaust.
I know there was one person that had done it, but that was with a SRT-4 model, which would have a different exhaust system and probably different mounts.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
The biggest problem is not the pipe work (at least on the SRT models).
For the SRTs, a straight in/straight out muffler to a 'Y' pipe is all that is needed (maybe a bit of straight pipe, but I don't think so). The exhaust pipe on my Caliber SRT runs down the middle of the car.

The difuser is what is going to be tough/expensive. To replace the SRT difuser with one that looks OEM, it'll be about $200-$300, which will include a replacement difuser, plastic welding/fiberglassing, and paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sxt work

okay well as i didnt design this kit right her for a srt i did it for my wife's sxt, whose got coil on plug from msd, msd 6al2 ignition box, booster coil, obviously with new spiral core 8mm wires when i get it mounted ill get my buddies srt4 and see if i can do it without breakin too much ****
:bump:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll post some pics of mine for work on a non-SRT model. I ended up cutting the muffler off and going with a straight pipe out the center and just using a bracket to pull the pipe towards the center I have a nice center exit look with my exhaust tip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not as loud as you would think I guess. I mean to me it sounds good which I attribute to already having the CAI on it to increase airflow in. at idle it's fine and you hear it with just a little gas it goes quiet in neutral. It sounds good in tunnels and under bridges lol I still need to post a pic or video maybe I'll do that with my day off monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts