·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
A quote from the Off Topic chat that I think is fitting here;
08sunburst said:
The srt8 is extremely overpriced as well.

I get the fact that both the srt8 and mustang have a bunch of HP now, but the purpose for a "muscle" car is a cost effective fast car. If they want to overcharge, overcharge for the Viper and Corvette, but the srt8 and mustang are meant to be sold to blue collar, non millionaire type folks.
This is why I like the CSRT. Being a 4 banger, it is technically not a muscle car however.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well they were cheap vs anything else in its category. You take a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and you're talking $107,000 (USD). This is similar to what the Cherokee SRT-8 competes with.

Or a Ford Mustang GT500 or BOSS302 runs $40,000-$48,000 (USD). A Chevy 2SS is $34,000. These SRT prices are way out there. They were fairly decent.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
but at $30k when new in canada, its not something that everyone would buy either

Well they were cheap vs anything else in its category. You take a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and you're talking $107,000 (USD). This is similar to what the Cherokee SRT-8 competes with.

When we bought our CSRT, we had originally been looking for a second small, commuter car (clown car).
New (with arm rest, which is an upgrade), most where ~$26-28k. The honda fit was more than $30k.
For a few extra dollars ($5k isn't really that much), you get a rough around the edges go fast car with tons of cargo space and a whole lot safer than a sub-compact clown car.
I got mine for ~$22k out the door, year old, with extended warranty. I couldn't get a Rio5, rolling on 13's without the armrest upgrade for that much.

I also enjoy driving my commuter car.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
I was just reading about this a few minutes ago... the head of SRT said he really wants to bring back the magnum srt-8. I'm curious to see how it all turns out too..
I LOVE the new Charger, but if the magnum is released, i will seriously have a fit. I love me a good wagon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts