Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this took me about four hours in the 112 degree heat but I LOVE the results. These are Ram logo mudflaps from the local auto parts store. I bought both sizes. Trimmed them up a bit. Secured them under the existing screws and added two screws (w/ plastic anchors) to the rear flaps. I had to get flaps because I park in gravel which has been marring my paint. They look pretty wicked in person.

Attachments

·
Banned
400 Posts
BOWIE said:
OK, this took me about four hours in the 112 degree heat but I LOVE the results. These are Ram logo mudflaps from the local auto parts store. I bought both sizes. Trimmed them up a bit. Secured them under the existing screws and added two screws (w/ plastic anchors) to the rear flaps. I had to get flaps because I park in gravel which has been marring my paint. They look pretty wicked in person.
Hmmm, me likes! I wonder if they makes those with a "silver or chrome" logo.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TimSax said:
Those look sharp. Where did you get them?
Thx!!
The store out here is called "Checker Auto parts". It's a chain and they use a different name in other states. The flaps are 'Plasti-Color' brand and they come in two sizes. The small were on sale for $15 and the large were $25. It took quite a bit of finessing to get them to sit just right as they weren't made for a Cali and the rear bumper is very flimsy and not supported well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STEELBLueCALI said:
Highly doubtful but I bet that you can get some silver paint (something flexible like vinyl), and just give the ol' RAM logo a few brushstrokes. The logo is raised so it should be easy.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Those look cool and a lot better than the OEM rear mud flap. Going to have to see if I can something similar.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hmm!!!, something to thing about when I get mine.... looks pretty good...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx for the compliments guys! It's been several days now and they're holding up perfectly. I was concerned that I would have to drill extra holes but they're just fine w/o. I only added a couple holes in the black plastic thing that hangs behind the rear tires. If anyone decides to do this and needs pics, lemme know and I'll post some detail pics on how I did it.

Seeing it in person, it's one of those mods that really gives it a badass look w/o jumping out and looking cheesy. Combined w/ the bug-shield it looks more like a sports car than a hatch-back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice job on the mod. Looking good.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
ya i was wondering the same thing...b/c they look awesome on a red caliber but i want a silver one and i dont think that it would look as good

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you tell me what size you used and give a Dummy a little direction on how you did it, cause it looks pimp

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd be interested in some more detailed instructions, for sure!
I envison a little father-daughter bonding time once I get delivery...

·
Registered
253 Posts
those look good mine came with ome. but i do not think there going to last long how much are thouse worth $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could you post some closeups eventualy showing the scrues location please?

thx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts