Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to love the Chicago area wearter. First snowstorm of the year dumps over a foot a snow on us. But the little awd R/T handles it like a champ, I was actually pretty impressed by how well it drove through the snow

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Great photos!!! How do the 18" Firestones grip in the snow? The thread seems more aggresive than the crappy 17's on the SXT. No snow here yet, but it's been raining for 2 days. Just lucky the temp stayed above freezing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest I didnt like the looks of the firestones, look more like a high speed tire than all season. I thought they would be junk in the snow. Tires seem to grip just fine. all wheel drive does'nt hurt either.This is a fun little car in the snow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ahem, the "crappy" 17's seemed to handle fine for me in that exact storm in southern WI where i believe we got over a foot.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
ahem, the "crappy" 17's seemed to handle fine for me in that exact storm in southern WI where i believe we got over a foot.
It just depends on what your used to. For the last 30 years I've always installed 4 winter tires on all the cars I have owned, going back to the last front drive I owned before buying the Caliber, a 1978 Saab 99, which I bought new. Check the photo, my daughter was about 8 years old, now 34. http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1300&stc=1&d=1165081817

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm dying for some snow to actually hit us. They got about 6 inches just a few miles east, but we got nothing :( I wanna test out the AWD! :D

Chanda

·
Registered
343 Posts
I miss the snow and ice, and late nights at the walmart parking lot ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm dying for some snow to actually hit us. They got about 6 inches just a few miles east, but we got nothing :( I wanna test out the AWD! :D
The awd is great in the snow. My last car was a truck, silverado HD but before that I had all mustangs since about 1982. They were terrible in the snow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts