Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know its supposed to be up for "ON"... and down for "OFF". But mine I pull up and it feels like it slides down a little (not all the way, about an inch or less). It never really feels like It locks into place. The bottles I put in there are realitively cool and I don't really notice a HUGE difference you know? It isn't too dramatic of a change.

Question is... Is anyone else having it slide down a little? Or does it stay up the first try?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Quite a well-known issue. There are probably at least a half dozen threads about it (I don't feel like searching right now... but look under the Problems section.) and even more 1-off mentions.

Temporary fixes include a paper clip (one thread includes photos on how to do this) and putting some foam or velcro between the slider and the top of the compartment.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It is a useless feature. Its just a ooooo and ahhhh feature to get people (younger crowd) to look at the car. Kind of a publicity stunt I guess you could say. No way is a beverage cooler going to succeed in a car during a hot spring/summer day without its own separate cooling system. What the chill zone is basically is a closed compartment with an A/C duct running to it. Unless you have the A/C on full blast your drinks won't be affected.

I hope you didn't buy the car just because it has a beverage cooler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts