Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Jet performance products jetchip.com has a module you can install, BUT it conects to the map sensor, and throttle position sensor, and adjusts the air / fuel micture. Little to no effect IMO. I have also seen them for the desil engines, but nothing usable for the gas.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Keep in mind that the CVT will override and limit the engine's torque to prevent belt slippage. So if you have the CVT, and you're looking to make it quiker off the line, the gain maybe wasted at the CVT.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Prop1 said:
Keep in mind that the CVT will override and limit the engine's torque to prevent belt slippage. So if you have the CVT, and you're looking to make it quiker off the line, the gain maybe wasted at the CVT.
Well, that explains why my car seems to have "NO BALLS" when I jam the accelerator pedal at 55 mph. But it does like to go to 6000 RPM... it just doesnt go very much faster any quicker.

·
Registered
153 Posts
enigmic said:
Well, that explains why my car seems to have "NO BALLS" when I jam the accelerator pedal at 55 mph. But it does like to go to 6000 RPM... it just doesnt go very much faster any quicker.
I think you better have the CVT flashed with new software. At 55mph, if I floor my SXT, I get a whiplash as my head slams the headrest. Anytime I floor it over 20mph I get that effect. Under 20mph is when the CVT limits the torque.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I believe a lot of prior discussion here has pretty much proved that no one has really found what you are looking for - at least one that actually DELIVERS.

Check out the links in the response I posted to this previous thread about performance chips, they seem to reflect what others have found out about these devices:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3128

·
Registered
340 Posts
About the "passing" gear feeling. The early production cars had a switch connected to the gas pedal for WOT downshift.

I don't believe the newer cars experience the same feeling at "kickdown" throttle openings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Prop1 said:
I think you better have the CVT flashed with new software. At 55mph, if I floor my SXT, I get a whiplash as my head slams the headrest. Anytime I floor it over 20mph I get that effect. Under 20mph is when the CVT limits the torque.

Where would I get the CVT in my Caliber flashed with new software, and do you know if it'll void my warranty? :confused:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Prop1 said:
I second this, my acceleration is nice and strong once the car gets going. It's surprisingly great at higher speeds compared to quite a bit of other cars I've driven. You should have it checked out and get the flash update and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
chrgrrules3 said:
Where would I get the CVT in my Caliber flashed with new software, and do you know if it'll void my warranty? :confused:
The dealer. It's a TSB.

·
Registered
19 Posts
HSKR said:
The dealer. It's a TSB.

Thanks. Hey, I don't mean to sound stupid, but what's a TSB?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Prop1 said:
LMAO! You must have one of those top-secret experimental engines installed by mistake! Or maybe you keep getting rear-ended by a Ferrari every time you floor it! (check your rear bumper.) But seriously, that's great. :cool: Mine was built after the TSB for the CVT so it should be OK, but break neck acceleration is just not going to happen with mine. The engine itself takes a secong just to come up to speed before it starts pulling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh ok. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts