Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy the R/T replacement handles and have them dealer installed but the price tag of $600 for that lead me to follow the suggestion of another member here and I went looking for the Dodge Magnum chrome door handle covers on ebay. I was told they were the same.

I took a gamble, ordered the handle covers for a mere $75 and it paid off, they fit!

Take a look!

Here's a link to them on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRYSLER-300-DODGE-MAGNUM-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLE-COVERS-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQihZ003QQitemZ130002140910QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very nice...I think they look much better than the R/T handles! So, whats next on the mod list?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just ordered the bigger spoiler! I totally lucked out and got one on Ebay for $200 with free shipping, which is $70 plus shipping cheaper than most of them on ebay and/or from a dealer. Now I just have to get it painted, antoher $130! Why oh why can't they come painted like all the other colors!! Grr.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i really want those... just don't have the bank rite yet

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
playB0Y42 said:
woah back up, bigger spoiler? I know is probably been covered b4, but can someone fill me in.
Uh YEAH! Haven't you seen the color matched spoliler that is pictured on almost every single Caliber Dodge has pictured in their book and online?

You know, this one!

eta: How funny is it that the color of the Sunburst Orange Caliber is NOTHING like what it's advertised to be! Hence the totally different colors in the ad picture compared to the actual car pictured in my siggy.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Uh YEAH! Haven't you seen the color matched spoliler that is pictured on almost every single Caliber Dodge has pictured in their book and online?

You know, this one!

eta: How funny is it that the color of the Sunburst Orange Caliber is NOTHING like what it's advertised to be! Hence the totally different colors in the ad picture compared to the actual car pictured in my siggy.

I have seen the pictures, I just though that the spoiler looked the exact same size, it was just colored

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? I think it looks bigger. Guess we'll see when it arrives :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Really? I think it looks bigger. Guess we'll see when it arrives :D
well i hope it is bigger, cuz if not then you could of just had the one you already have painted. Thanx for the info, was thinking of getting the stock one painted, but if there is a bigger one I may go that way. If you would be so kind as to post pics when you get it, and mabey even some b4 and after ones that would be nice

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was under the same impression that they were the same size. So, please let us know if it bigger or the same size when you get it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
where did u ordered it from????

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is gonna sound really dumb, but I just noticed this now. Is there only key entry on the drivers door? I notice the cover kits only have 1 handle with a keyhole.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep only one keyed entry on the exterior, I found that odd too until I looked at my Aztek which also had just one keyed door handle. If I remember right my Mustang had the same thing too.

I got the spoiler on Ebay it was through a dealer how happened to have just two, one silve and one red. Both were starting bids of $200 with free shipping. Every other auction on ebay up until these were $270ish plus shipping. Not sure why he sold these so cheap.

I have to paint the spoiler either way so I got the silver one instead of the more expensive primer one.

I really do hope it's the way I think. To me it appears that the color matched spoiler has more of an upward angle to it while the stock one angles down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you're right, the coloured spoilers are bigger and soooo much nicer than the stock one, one at the dealer had it and it was noticeably bigger than the black plastic ones. Anyways I'm sure you won't be disapointed with it

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Caliber89 said:
you're right, the coloured spoilers are bigger and soooo much nicer than the stock one, one at the dealer had it and it was noticeably bigger than the black plastic ones. Anyways I'm sure you won't be disapointed with it
Yea! Doing happy dance!:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
CaliberChic said:
I was going to buy the R/T replacement handles and have them dealer installed but the price tag of $600 for that lead me to follow the suggestion of another member here and I went looking for the Dodge Magnum chrome door handle covers on ebay. I was told they were the same.

I took a gamble, ordered the handle covers for a mere $75 and it paid off, they fit!

Take a look!
COOL, looks good! Do you like them? Do they seem high quality and worth the $75? Is the adhesive good and strong? Do they make the handles all big and flimsy?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GOT said:
COOL, looks good! Do you like them? Do they seem high quality and worth the $75? Is the adhesive good and strong? Do they make the handles all big and flimsy?
Like them-Yes!
High quality and worth the money-On scale of 1 to 10 for quality, I say 8.
Worth $75-Definitely
Adhesive Strong-So far so good, haven't had any lifting yet.
Handles big and flimsy-No, they only add a very small difference in feel of the handles. They actually fit snugger than I expected.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where and how much did it cost you to get the chrome door side protecting thing lol I'm tired and forgot what its called..

EDIT: I remember now, door side moldings i think. am I right? lol anyways I'm off to bed, too tired:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kjguy_43 said:
I was under the same impression that they were the same size. So, please let us know if it bigger or the same size when you get it.
And here's the spoiler, before it's painted and swapped out of course.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts