Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's any possibility of getting door-handles identical to what they have on R/T's and putting them on an SXT? The chrome insert's look really cool and are awesome accent's for the car. This was one of the qualities that really stood out to me, but it sucked to learn that they were only available with th R/T.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yes there's a possibility. A guy over at the SRTforums quoted me something around $50/handle for the painted-with-chrome-insert R/T handles.

I'm going to get them if I can't get complete chrome ones to fit (still checking to see if the Euro Caliber is coming with chrome handles).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was qouted $72 a handle and $300 for installation through my dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CaliberChic said:
So the dealer's have them? I went to a couple dealer's before I bought my Caliber, which still isn't here yet... But the first one I went to told me their only available for the R/T and that's it.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be bugging my dealer about these.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOT said:
Yes there's a possibility. A guy over at the SRTforums quoted me something around $50/handle for the painted-with-chrome-insert R/T handles.
Do you know who it was or have a link for the thread?.. I can't find it... thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It was through my local dealer here in MI. I just called and asked how much it was to order the replacement door handles for the R/T and what it would be for them to swap out my SXT handles for them.

I am a member of a group that has a Caliber owner who works for a dealership. She has said before she would get me a good deal on a spoiler. I can link you to our group so you can ask about the handles if you want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CaliberChic said:
I am a member of a group that has a Caliber owner who works for a dealership. She has said before she would get me a good deal on a spoiler. I can link you to our group so you can ask about the handles if you want.
That would be great if you can link me.

... and thanks for the e-mail address TommyLee

·
Registered
188 Posts
black_sxt said:
That would be great if you can link me.

... and thanks for the e-mail address TommyLee
Our group is http://www.frappr.com/dodgecaliberworld
the gals name is Jennifer.

(admin:hope it's okay to link off site. I got slapped on the wrist for doing so at the edmonds group)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
black_sxt said:
So the dealer's have them? I went to a couple dealer's before I bought my Caliber, which still isn't here yet... But the first one I went to told me their only available for the R/T and that's it.
They probably think you want to order them on the SXT.

CaliberChic said:
$300 to install? Wow seems a bit high to me... but I didn't even ask anyone about that since I'll put them on myself.

TommyLee said:
GOT is referring to S&P Development, who is a forum vendor on SRTforums.com. Their email address is [email protected].
What TommyLee says. He also runs a sponsor-forum over at SRTforums.com. He's getting me those Euro-folding side mirrors. James is a great guy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
GOT said:
They probably think you want to order them on the SXT.

$300 to install? Wow seems a bit high to me... but I didn't even ask anyone about that since I'll put them on myself.

What TommyLee says. He also runs a sponsor-forum over at SRTforums.com. He's getting me those Euro-folding side mirrors. James is a great guy.
Your installing yourself? I wish my hubby had the gumption to do so. Heck he was going to pay to have someone change the moldings. I argued with him and said I would do it. Thank goodness I stood my ground because it literally took 20 mins to change them and was super easy.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Your installing yourself?
Sure... it can't be too hard... I think:p

CaliberChic said:
I argued with him and said I would do it.
Hah hah, I would've liked to see that:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
GOT said:
Sure... it can't be too hard... I think:p

Hah hah, I would've liked to see that:D
You go first and I will follow, if it's too hard I'll let dh win this one.;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
from my understanding this mystical chrome tape i have heard about is all the rave for people and their calibers :-D

·
Registered
80 Posts
If your interested in the chrome look, check for the chrome handle "covers" for the Magnum's and 300's on ebay. The door handles are the same as the Calibers so they will fit. Just an option for you guys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
moparknighthawk said:
If your interested in the chrome look, check for the chrome handle "covers" for the Magnum's and 300's on ebay. The door handles are the same as the Calibers so they will fit. Just an option for you guys.
Ah ha! Now that is a better idea than tape or $600 for replacements. Now to see what hubby thinks.;)

eta: THANK YOU for the suggestion. I am a chrome bitch for sure! LOL

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
moparknighthawk said:
I've been looking at those chrome covers for a while. But worried that they may look gheto. So I wait for CaliberChic to get some first:D

I want those chrome Chrysler 300 door handles. Those are purty!!!

Still wainting to see if the Euro-Caliber gets chromies or not (they advertise the Caliber with them).

·
Registered
188 Posts
GOT said:
I've been looking at those chrome covers for a while. But worried that they may look gheto. So I wait for CaliberChic to get some first:D

I want those chrome Chrysler 300 door handles. Those are purty!!!

Still wainting to see if the Euro-Caliber gets chromies or not (they advertise the Caliber with them).
Well I just ordered them! It was $76 total and I think as of today I got the last pair listed that will fit our car. Yesterday there were 3 or 4 auctions, today only one. I am sure there will be more.

I will report back with pics once I get them installed!

·
Registered
190 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Well I just ordered them! It was $76 total and I think as of today I got the last pair listed that will fit our car. Yesterday there were 3 or 4 auctions, today only one. I am sure there will be more.

Good luck with the install, I look forward to seeing those pics.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
CaliberChic said:

Cool! I'm am very interested in seeing how they look... and how they look up close.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts