Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first MOD to my Caliber R/T AWD. I have the chrome wheels and the chrome side molding. I didn't have a chrome fuel door! Now I do.

Follow my procedure and pictoral layout.

This is the before modification look.

The ONLY Required Tool was a T-30 driver to remove the two screws (one shown).

After taking off the two screws, I found that I could not get the door out without removing the gas cap first. Word of CAUTION: the filler area does not have a flap at the hole. Put something over that area while you're working so you don't accidentally drop something down there.

Angle the new door into position and replace the two screws.

Screw the gas cap back on and toggle the dangle onto the new door.

Dosen't it look good?

This is the after modification look.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow! Looks sweet. :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
WOW!! The chrome fuel door makes the Caliber look better, it goes along with all the other chrome pieces.

That seemed like a very easy mod, <30min huh?

Another great post and job!!:)

I like the before, after and during pics on both of your mods!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xtreme Thunder said:
That seemed like a very easy mod, <30min huh?
Just about 20 minutes. The longest period was in gently wrestling the original door out of its berth. That's when I realized you HAVE to take the fuel cap off. I said to myself, "DUH!"

Thanks

Tyke

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
MrTyke said:
Just about 20 minutes. The longest period was in gently wrestling the original door out of its berth. That's when I realized you HAVE to take the fuel cap off. I said to myself, "DUH!"

Thanks

Tyke
That would do it! Cool, hey we all have those days!!:cool:

:::remembering to take cap off first....:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow Joe.........:D:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It looks cool, thanks for showing!

I'm still undecided whether or not I would like that. I wish the fuel-door were flush and was locked (and had a remote opener inside).

·
Registered
197 Posts
you can buy a locking gas cap at least...that is what I plan on doing. It looks to be the same size as the one on the neon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not always a fan of chrome or aluminum fuel doors. Depends on the car. Looks good in your case and integrates well with the polished wheels.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suzq044 said:
one of my mods to my neon is gonna be a motorcycle gas-cap.. popup style.
I'd like to see that. I want something else other than the stock fuel-door and the current Mopar one. I wish they had something clean and flush (don't care if it's shinny or not, I just want it clean and flush).

What would also be cool is if the fuel-door were hidden... like behind that tiny C-pillar window. That would rock seriously

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suzq044 said:
HOLYHOTNESS! That is smooth! Do those have the same diameter as the OEM caps?

How does it operate... you push it in and it pops out and then you screw it off?

That is something I would want. It's flush and wouldn't ruin the body flow.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
This one would rock too. It looks like most of it except for 1/8" would be behind the sheet metal. Man that would look bombtastic!

suzq044 said:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
suzq044 said:
I would like to see this on a vehicle....to see the process. Anything have to be specially configured to get it in there?

Tyke

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
dunno yet; i have yet to see one in person; i ran across this site @ work, cause i am putting thier data into the website im working on.. i know that there are other 1gen neons [or at least one] that has a motorcycle gas-cap..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I second or third or whatever the bike gas caps! They look beyond sweet..:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I need to know if they are the stock diameter because if they are, they're going on the Ram and Bimmer...:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts