Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I just picked up my 2007 Sunburst Orange SXT with the 2.0 and CVT auto along with the Sport Apperance Pkg and the Window sticker now states you get a body coloured grill not a chrome on as stated in the sales broucher when I ordered the Car

They lowered the price of that PKG from 600.00 CAN to 540.00 CAN to make up for it !!!

WOW thanks

I still wanted the chrome grill though

Any other build with-out the chrome grill ????

Mine was built on May the 16th 2006

The Grill lists for 238.00 Can I guess I will try it with out for a while !!

Hemi 2NV

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heya Bang,

Went to my dealer a few weeks ago and they still have no part no. on file as of yet....but the freakin painted one is there.....grrrr!

·
Registered
746 Posts
well that's crummy news. thanks for sharing that though... i'm hoping it comes up soon... i'd like to switch it over and then put some chrome accents elsewhere... like on the doors and the gas cap.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hemi 2NV said:
Hey All

I just picked up my 2007 Sunburst Orange SXT with the 2.0 and CVT auto along with the Sport Apperance Pkg and the Window sticker now states you get a body coloured grill not a chrome on as stated in the sales broucher when I ordered the Car

They lowered the price of that PKG from 600.00 CAN to 540.00 CAN to make up for it !!!

WOW thanks

I still wanted the chrome grill though

Any other build with-out the chrome grill ????

Hemi 2NV
Yes, that was all posted here several times starting about a month ago.

A copy of the statement that went out to the dealers was included in one of the prior discussions. If I'm not mistaken, it said that all those certain models would no longer have a chrome grill (and would have the price adjustment, etc) with vehicles built after APRIL 6, 2006. (EDIT CORRECTION LATER MADE).

Some folks were disappointed, and some posted concerns here that they had ORDERED before that date and expected the chrome grill, while others preferred the body-colored one or had no preference.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The dealerships were informed of the change over on April 7th 2006. Any Caliber orders placed beyond that date would have the body colored grill substituted for the chrome grill.

There should be another thread on the forum kicking around somewhere...

Dan

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
The dealerships were informed of the change over on April 7th 2006. Any Caliber orders placed beyond that date would have the body colored grill substituted for the chrome grill...

Dan
Dan,

Thanks - that pointed out an error I made in my previous post about that.

I meant to post APRIL, and said MAY instead. I've since edited the post and noted it...

·
Registered
51 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
The dealerships were informed of the change over on April 7th 2006. Any Caliber orders placed beyond that date would have the body colored grill substituted for the chrome grill.

There should be another thread on the forum kicking around somewhere...

Dan
Unfortunately, that's not exactly the way things worked out. I ordered my car on March 21st and when I picked it up last Friday, May 26th, there was a body-coloured grille on it!:(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hemi 2NV said:

Hemi 2NV

Heya Hemi 2NV,

Any chance that you managed to get the part number on the Chrome Grill that you said was $238.00 CAN..... going to try to get the dealer to do the old switcheroo on mine before I take delivery hopefully next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PN # ZX191B6AB 2007 Caliber Bright Grill

This is the number that I was given as the chrome grill for our Cars

Hemi 2NV

·
Registered
506 Posts
when i called the manufacturer they told me that i did not have the chrome grill.... when i spoke to my military car sales rep she says i don't have body color and i don't have chrome... i have the bright grill.... i am so confused...

·
Registered
901 Posts
mudstone said:
when i called the manufacturer they told me that i did not have the chrome grill.... when i spoke to my military car sales rep she says i don't have body color and i don't have chrome... i have the bright grill.... i am so confused...
The "bright" grill is the shiny (i.e. chrome) one.

·
Registered
506 Posts
realy? then why did the manufacturer say i did not get the chrome grill?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well I think I would believe Dodge over a sales rep. Still possible, weird things do happen at the factory, you would need to see actual window sticker or factory build paperwork to know for sure, before you get to see it that is.:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
mudstone said:
realy? then why did the manufacturer say i did not get the chrome grill?
Consider the possibility that your car got caught up in the changeover from bright/chrome grill to body colored -- referred to earlier in this thread. And consider the possibility that your sales rep was unaware of the change (although there WAS an official notice sent to all dealerships).

·
Registered
911 Posts
IMO, if you got Sunburst Orange like I did, a painted grill will look better anyways. To me, the painted grill makes it look more like a Mini Magnum in the front.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i donno... i'll just have to wait till it's here i guess.... oh well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts