Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to visit my car Yesterday(just arrived :)) and I noticed that the Grill wasn't chrome. What's the deal with some SXTs having a Chrome grill and some not???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Airik said:
So I went to visit my car Yesterday(just arrived :)) and I noticed that the Grill wasn't chrome. What's the deal with some SXTs having a Chrome grill and some not???
Well this is a story that started a while back and basicly what it boils down to is that Dodge decided to keep the Caliber in line with the other "Sport" models (ie: Dodge Ram Sport) and go with the monotone paint and delete chrome trim on the grill. They compensated by reducing the Sport package on the SXT by $60 however they do not give you the option to replace the grill (dealer price about $250 Can).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn... looks like I was too late.. i want a chrome grill

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you nuts!?

I know everybody has a personal opinion, but I think chrome belongs on cars from the past. I walked off of the lot because I did not want one of the many R/T models that my dealer had in stock, the chrome on the outside is horrid, and the chrome handles and locks on the insode are even worse. The car has a much cleaner, more slick look with just the paint and plastic, IMO. (but who am I?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
When we ordered ours in July, late July it was an option. They called it the " bright grille " or the body color. I'm not sure now what they're doing but I thought I'd try to give some useful input.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Basically if you get package E (sport appearance package) then you'll get a colored grille. I think think the colored grille looks so much better than a chrome one anyways so I'm glad mine came with one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
caprirs302 said:
Are you nuts!?

I know everybody has a personal opinion, but I think chrome belongs on cars from the past. I walked off of the lot because I did not want one of the many R/T models that my dealer had in stock, the chrome on the outside is horrid, and the chrome handles and locks on the insode are even worse. The car has a much cleaner, more slick look with just the paint and plastic, IMO. (but who am I?)
Call me nuts, but my R/T has just the right amount of chrome, INCLUDING the 18" Chrome-Clad rims. They look great and are super easy to keep clean. You mean you don't like Chrome rims?? I may even add the chrome gas door. Dodge did right by me with the R/T and it's tastefully done chrome. Oh, and IMO, the door locks look cheap without the chrome. L8r.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i agree the color grills looks much better..i wanted to get a chrome grill at frst but seeing the color grill in person..man i so glad mine did not come with a chrome grill....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yea I'm an old guy. 51 to be exact. And yes I'm into chrome also- in tasteful moderation. I figure there's a reason that people have been putting chrome on cars from the early 1900's to this very day. In fact it always amazes me when I see a car with black wheels, (which to me looks like a cop car, or someone who had flats and had to use spares), and then a guy gets out with all this bling on! He's got silver and gold and chrome all over him. Every piercing is all shiny and silver, but he refuses to put it on his car? Just my opinion, and if someone doesn't like the chrome, well that's ok by me. But there are a whole lot of us that do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 49 and I agree. Must be a thing of our generation! I've got the chrome grill, which I love, just put on the chrome gas cap, and will most likely get the chrome door handles. I think that will be just the right amount. What I hate is chrome trim around the windows, chrome bumper strips down the side, etc. Chrome, used sparingly, is a good thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
40 yrs old and I like the chrome as well and added the chrome fuel door and chrome fender vents as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm a little younger than some here, but I like the chrome on the Caliber.

When I was looking at Chargers, the chrome grille was a pretty big turn off. Even on the Caliber I didn't like it on most colours. Some of the colours though seem to work quite well with the chrome, to my eye anyway. (ie: A silver Caliber doesn't look right at all to me with the chrome grille, where red and blue I like).

Oh well, we've all got our own tastes :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
really?? like in the RT?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts