Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my baby keeps suffering terribly, during a routine hand wash last afternoon a half inch of the chrome plating on the grill peeled right off on me, and while washing near the fogs I noticed both are all smashed out and cracked (I wondered why I heard cracking but no chips on my window when driving the highway). Do you suppose dodge will replace my chrome grill for me? I can't see them replacing the fogs but the chrome shouldn't be peeling after only 2 months!.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That's the "infamous" chromed plastic. When Ford restyled the TownCar in "98, the chrome in the grill would get all pockmarked from flying stones and moisture would get behind the plating and large chunks would peel off. Maybe little wire mesh, rally car style screens could protect the fogs. Replacing the lights at the dealer will cost you an arm and leg. They wanted $32 for one foglight lens on my old Grand Cherokee. Check after market, the wiring is there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I was definately gonna do the fogs myself, I'm just hoping they replace the grill for me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh I know, the luck is definately not with me on this car lol... No I did not get the click issue fixed.. the dealership tried to tell me that I made that sheet that you gave me up and they would not fix anything as they already *ahem* fixed the issue according to them.. I also still get the right turn stall issue and the rpm sticking problem. I've gotten so fed up with fighting the dealership that I've not bothered going to another dealership to have the click problem addressed. I'll try another dealership for my next oil change and see if they will replace my grill and get the other issues sorted out.. if not I'll just strip the grill order the paint and respray it in my shop myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts