Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the chrome wheel covers be removed? When I tap on them, they sound like plastic hub caps. The saleman said they're "chrome clad" and are fused to the brushed metal rims...is this true. I did'nt want to remove the balance weights without getting more info.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Chrome Wheel covers? Huh? Do you mean the center cap?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 18" are definitly chrome clad wheels.. All dodge's have chrome clad's.. Had em on my Ram..

·
Registered
226 Posts
They are not "meant" to be removed. Why would you want to?

Yes, I have the 800 dollar wasted option myself. They are chromed covered plastic in layman's terms.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muzzysgirl said:
They are not "meant" to be removed. Why would you want to?

Yes, I have the 800 dollar wasted option myself. They are chromed covered plastic in layman's terms.
I think the Caliber looks just as good with or without them and if I could sell them, I'd have a couple extra bucks in my pocket.
Thanks all for responding.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was going to get the chrome wheels until I found out they were plastic. I went to a dealer and started tapping on a few of the wheels, they seemed kinda cheap.

For $800, there's much nicer wheels out there. :/

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The '98, '99 Town Car Touring Sedan had the same type of chrome-plastic clad wheels. If the Caliber wheels are the same quality as the Lincoln's they will look better than any aftermarket alloys for years. Easy to clean, brake dust just wipes off wth a dry cloth. When the boss replaced my ,98 with a '01, I wanted to put the chrome ones on the new car because they still looked like new. Never happened because they wanted all the cars to look the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts