Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Mopar cat back exhaust on our two Calibers, no special tools required. I am now ready to install lowering springs. The front struts require special tools to remove the nut without causing damage. I can't find them listed on any DCX or Miller.spx tool web site. The Caliber strut nut & shaft are recessed more than my Magnum was so I need the tools to get the nut off without turning the strut shaft. I've got 4 to do.

I need one each STRUT NUT WRENCH 9362 and STRUT NUT SOCKET 9894 Can you help?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Has there been any independent dyno testing of the mopar catback? Would like to know if there is any appreciable gains to hp, torque or even mpg.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was wondering how the Catback sounds? I have heard both that it is quite and that it is loud. I like a nice rumble while idleing and a bit of a roar while driving. I know that might be too much to ask for in a 4 banger though! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I cannot comment on the cat-back exhaust for the Caliber. We have not installed any here, and we have not received any feedback from those who have purchased those from us.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mopar exhaust has a low mellow tone at idle. It isn't too loud at higher RPM but the tone is higher and crisper. It doesn't sound ratty like those ricer fart cans.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ah, who doesn't want to have a farting car? :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Found some info on the mopar catback. It certainly doesn't add any appreciable hp gains. Mopar states that hp gains are typically 10hp BUT, only in conjunction with adding the Mopar CAI and Mopar headers. Thats a heck of a lot for such a little gain. So if its just a better sound I tend to think a quality muffler shop can set something up for far cheaper.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Huff said:
Found some info on the mopar catback. It certainly doesn't add any appreciable hp gains. Mopar states that hp gains are typically 10hp BUT, only in conjunction with adding the Mopar CAI and Mopar headers. Thats a heck of a lot for such a little gain. So if its just a better sound I tend to think a quality muffler shop can set something up for far cheaper.
Would NonMopar product void the warranty though?

·
Registered
683 Posts
SXTANDME said:
Would NonMopar product void the warranty though?
I have been told repeatedly by many dealers that even Mopar performance parts can void certain aspects of a new car warranty.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Huff said:
I have been told repeatedly by many dealers that even Mopar performance parts can void certain aspects of a new car warranty.
Nice. Looks like I will have to do some talking to the Service Manager before I add anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts