Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several GREAT ideas of changes to the Caliber in different threads. I'd like to put all these ideas in one thread and just maybe some may happen. Please add any I've missed. :D

1. Offer factory tinted windows
2. Eliminate the multi-colored dead pedal/foot rest and replace with black only
3. Offer the black Jeep Compass/Patriot carpet (yes it fits in all 3)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: DCX Listen Up - Caliber Ideas

I was told that the tint in my Caliber was factory tint. Interesting.

The reason they said it was factory was (of the 15+ cars on the lot, 3 were like this) it has a lighter tint that "should" pass any states tint laws. "so said the salesman":rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts

You missed the following:

1. Increase the amount of cold air that goes into the ChillZone to make it more useful. And notch the sliding panel that opens and blocks the air ducts
2. Notch the sliding arm rest to help it stay in place.
3. Reposition the hazard light button to elsewhere on the dash so it won't get pressed accidentally as often.
4. Find the problem with the steering wheel radio controls acting up (bad solder perhaps?) and FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts

clockmaker said:
You missed the following:

1. Increase the amount of cold air that goes into the ChillZone to make it more useful. And notch the sliding panel that opens and blocks the air ducts
2. Notch the sliding arm rest to help it stay in place.
3. Reposition the hazard light button to elsewhere on the dash so it won't get pressed accidentally as often.
4. Find the problem with the steering wheel radio controls acting up (bad solder perhaps?) and FIX IT!!!!!!!!!
My sliding armrest never moves when it is not supposed to.

My steering wheel radio controls are fine.

I never have accidentally pressed my hazzard light button.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

Yes, the automatic headlights would be nice, as well as more air to the chill zone, maybe even having a cooler like seal? And offer factory tint!!!! Otherwise they could make it so that the MyGig system works in it too!:D Put 4 or 5 MATCHING headrests in the Caliber, make a 2 layer center console, even just a tray like in the Nitro would be cool, add the euro antenna and side markers and it would be (almost) perfect. AND! add some heated, folding mirrors!

·
Registered
8 Posts

This goes for all the new Mopars (well, at least the Grand Cherokee and Caliber since those are the only ones I've driven):

Please move the pop up door locks from the exact place where I want to rest my arm on the door sill!

Either make them flush-mount like in my Dakota or put them on the interior door handle...or just move them forward a few inches please.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Just a few ideas off the top of my head:

1- Make the 2.0L an option with the 5 speed for SXT or SE, and offer the diesel option.

2- Some kind of glove box light. Yes the removable flashlight is cute but impractacle without getting it out of the trunk.

3- Superbang has the right idea, some kind of soft switch for volume control on the Musigate system speakers.

4- Matching front mud flaps to go with the rear ones. :p

5- Change to the Jeep Compass integrated roof rack system. Plastic is already there why not make it functional?

6- Changeout the rock-hard loud stock 17" Flintst...err...Firestone tires.

7- Yes! Factory tinted windows. Not solar control....(shug?)

8- Replace the prop rod for the hood with gas cylinders.

9- Bring out a rear bumper scratch protector.

Thanks for the heads up on the carpet replacement option, IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268. I can see that the pale gray is going to be a pain in the winter for slush stains.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I forgot to mention RHD cars DO NOT have the dead pedal/foot rest so the carpet don't have the cutout for it.

As for the black Compass dead pedal/foot rest cover that will fit on the Caliber, I just called the dealer for a price. He said the cover is sold by itself, but it's so new they only have a part number with no price yet. Well, here is the part number if anyone cares. 1BS63XDVAD

·
Registered
111 Posts

ejfb said:
A nice addition would be automatic headlights.
My dealer told me that I will get automatic headlights update when I bring my car to the first maintenance :) .

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

jatael said:
My dealer told me that I will get automatic headlights update when I bring my car to the first maintenance :) .
Hey if this is for real let us know!! - maybe even post a procedure if possible?

·
Registered
689 Posts

Might be automatic Daylight Running Lights, that is supposed to be a computer flash thing, easy to do. Automatic lights that turn on at dusk need a sensor, major addition, not easy.

·
Registered
111 Posts

ejfb said:
Might be automatic Daylight Running Lights, that is supposed to be a computer flash thing, easy to do. Automatic lights that turn on at dusk need a sensor, major addition, not easy.
Yes, it's that flash thing. In Finland we have to use lights all the time so it's very annoying that the lights are not automatic. Fortunately they can update the in-car computer so I don't have to always switch the lights on.

·
Registered
432 Posts

The moulded floor pan is about 4" deep and a natural place to accumulate water from melted snow in the winter.

Living in the cold white north where we have lots of snow, I'd like to see shaped, waterproof floor mats that come a couple of inches up the side of the area where your feet sit.

The reason for this is that even though I bang off my boots a fair amount of water accumulates in the slushie mats when the car heats up. It eventualy slops over onto the carpet and defeats the purpose of the rubber mats.

For now I go to Canadian Tire and buy some rubber backed carpet and mould it to fit the floor. Doesn't look to good but seems to be doing the job.

I haven't seen an aftermarket product to address this issue.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

Oldguy said:
The moulded floor pan is about 4" deep and a natural place to accumulate water from melted snow in the winter.

Living in the cold white north where we have lots of snow, I'd like to see shaped, waterproof floor mats that come a couple of inches up the side of the area where your feet sit.

The reason for this is that even though I bang off my boots a fair amount of water accumulates in the slushie mats when the car heats up. It eventualy slops over onto the carpet and defeats the purpose of the rubber mats.

For now I go to Canadian Tire and buy some rubber backed carpet and mould it to fit the floor. Doesn't look to good but seems to be doing the job.

I haven't seen an aftermarket product to address this issue.
There is a company that makes the custom molded mats for cars. http://www.weathertechcanada.com/store/vehsearch.asp or http://www.weathertech.com/ for u americans ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts

Thanks UN4GTBL for the info. Just checked the website and they look exctly like what I need.

Now just have to put a bug in Santa's ear.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

Oldguy said:
Thanks UN4GTBL for the info. Just checked the website and they look exctly like what I need.

Now just have to put a bug in Santa's ear.
Hey no problem:D

P.S. and if you want to send a set of grey mats to me that would be ok too lol

·
Registered
432 Posts

Great I should be finished with them in about 10 years. OK?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

fast00rt said:
This goes for all the new Mopars (well, at least the Grand Cherokee and Caliber since those are the only ones I've driven):

Please move the pop up door locks from the exact place where I want to rest my arm on the door sill!

Either make them flush-mount like in my Dakota or put them on the interior door handle...or just move them forward a few inches please.
Welcome to the Caliber Forums Chris. Did you buy one??

1 - 20 of 198 Posts