Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife and I were on the way to the base gym to work out and we both noticed some pretty dark clouds coming our way...with lightening.

Needless to say a blast of wind kicked up and I looked back at a tree that stands next to the parking lot...it was swaying a bit, the rain started, and so did a bit of dust as well.

I hopped in and stated up, turned on the AC (it was a bit humid and hot) and putted across the parking lot to wait for my wife to get out of the house so we could go (didn't want her to get soaked)

As she came out the BBQ started to blow over and she was struggling to get a grip on it...and the Caliber was rockin'...but not the good kind either.

I got out to go and help her. I told her to go inside and that we weren't going tonight.

She agreed and went inside.

The next thing I heard was a crack and a thud.....turned around to see this.

The parking spot on the right of the Neon is my normal parking spot.

Both vehicles were written off.

Talk about luck.

Regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Thats crazy man!!:eek::eek: Glad you got out of the way in time to save the Caliber!!!:D:D:p:eek:

Most important is that you or you wife didn't get hurt. That looks to be a good size tree. The other two vehicles are yours too??

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow close call I'm glad nobody got hurt, that storm was so strong that just outside of northbay there was this road and all along the trees had fallen on the power lines and some of the poles just snapped like toothpicks so it'll be a while till they get that fixed.
anyways, happy the caliber's alright

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
The other two vehicles are yours too??
Nope. They belong to soldiers who live in my court.

Regards

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. Must have been one heck of a storm. I heard there are trees down and power out in Dokis village on the French. My family's cottage on the French has no telephone right now. I also heard unconfirmed reports of a twister near Callender. I'm heading to cottage country this weekend and hope all is clear by then. I'm leaving the Caliber in Ohio, taking the van!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts