Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Participant Guidelines:
  • Please be respectful
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions - No member discussions here
  • ONE question per post please - be as brief and clear as possible
  • Mention which make and model vehicle your question pertains to if it is critical to your question
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Allow time for a response. Questions are not answered in order of post
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product - Please don't ask
PLEASE NOTE:
This session is being conducted simultaneously with a session on another network - To keep it simple, please only ONE question per post or your post will be edited or deleted!

THANKS for understanding-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8:

Regarding all 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models: I'm curious about the 70 mph vibration too. Apparently a possible fix is the rear driveshaft which was issued a TSB (16-001-05) for 2005 WH Export models only. Why not the WK SRT8 models? I know that the "Two possible causes for the vibration over 70 mph are wheel imbalance or driveshaft imbalance...." It's not the wheels being imbalanced as they've been high speed balanced and road force balanced.

I know that "There is a TSB for the rear driveshaft, which would resolve this issue if it is the driveshaft." and I know we share the same driveshaft. But the dealership won't perform the TSB since 1) We aren't export/WH and 2) It's only for 2005.

--

A lot of 2008+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's are still experiencing coolant spray. Is there a fix yet? The dealership doesn't have an answer. The spray is coming from the radiator cap area. Not the return line. The radiator cap has already been replaced.

Here are a few pictures:

Image: http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/BlackJeepSRT/6c16c6b6.jpg

Image: http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/BlackJeepSRT/52ee90a7.jpg

Image: http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/BlackJeepSRT/494f0fc9.jpg

Image: http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/BlackJeepSRT/c5f78fbd.jpg

Image: http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/BlackJeepSRT/17573342.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
SRTEngineers said:
CSX321 said:
Hello, and thanks for these chats! I have an '04 Neon SRT4, and I've been running Stage 2 w/toys since May 2005. It almost always runs like a champ, but for the past year or so, I've had a strange issue only in warm weather when it rains. In those conditions I sometimes get violent after-fires in the exhaust. By "violent" I mean it feels like somebody is hitting the bottom of the car with a hammer. Because this only happens in warm weather in the rain, I speculate that there's enough moisture in the air displacing enough oxygen that the engine runs very rich, and the extra fuel burns explosively in the exhaust. I always use good 93-octane gas, and there are no other problems with the car. What do you think of my hypothesis? I don't suppose it does any damage, but it can be annoying.
Can you give us more specific load conditions for the "after-fire". Are you talking WOT or part throttle? Is there wheel-spin involved? How many other mods are on your car; specifically engine mounts, downpipe, plug wires, coil, plugs, intake, etc.
Thanks for the response, and sorry I wasn't able to make it back into the chat last month. The issue seems to be resolved by a new set of plugs, although the ones in there were only about a year old. But to answer your questions, this is a plain-ol' Stage 2 car with Mopar exhaust (including downpipe) and stock coil, wires, plugs, intake, mounts, etc. It happened during normal shifting in daily driving, not WOT, and was *much* louder than the normal pops that sometimes happen during shifting.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
is there no more caliber srt for 2010?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 59 (6 members and 53 guests)
08srtBLACKOUT, 08ChallengerDad, CSX321, PBGas, robdgaf, UberMonk
lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 6 speed SRT8 Challenger. The car suffers from the "Key Fob Not Detected", "Damaged Key" syndrome in hot weather. When the car sits for a time in the sun, removing the Keyless Go button and manually inserting the fob into the socket becomes necessary to start the car.
I live in upstate New York. If the problem is an annoyance for me, I can only imagine what it's like for folks in the SouthWest.

Has a fix/TSB been issued/initiated for this problem?

Thanks again for taking the time to address our questions!
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2009 Challenger SRT used 1 quart of oil in its first 1,200 miles. Is this normal for break-in? If so, should I expect to see a reduction in oil usage as I accumulate more miles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many of us Challenger owners have noticed that rust is showing on some of the suspension parts. On a $45K car, shouldn't all of the undercarriage metal components, including bolts and washers have been rust-proofed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 6 speed SRT8 Challenger. The car has the factory option GoodYear F1 Supercar tires. It's an outstanding car in virtually every aspect. However, I am having a problem with severe wheelhop under hard acceleration, particularly from a standing start. I assume this condition can't be good for the suspension or driveline.
It doesn't matter what the ambient temperature is, or whether I have ESP on, partially off, or completely off - the wheelhop is still severe.
I have not made any modifications to the suspension of the car, and run the F1's at the recommended pressures.
I know this is a common complaint from MANY of the 6 speed owners.

Are you folks aware of this, working on a resolution, or have a cure already?

Thanks for taking the time to be here and answer our questions!
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regarding staged turbo kits for Neon SRT-4:

Will there be continued production of the Mopar Stage 3 kits? I see that most of the parts for the kit are available individually in the Mopar catalog. However, I do not see Stage 3 PCMs available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First time visitor, question for the Engineers. I am a SRT6 owner, and I am interested in finding a vendor, and all the info about our rear ends...gear, manufacturer etc. I need a higher gear for the racing that I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thank this forum and the engineers for hosting such valueable information. Doc

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
can the interior in the 2010 calibers be fitted into an older caliber? if so what kinda modifications (if any) are needed for this?

or does it just bolt right in?

thanks for giving us your guys' family time!

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
65 Posts
A question for the Engineers. On my 2008 Caliber SRT-4 I notice a strong vibration transmitted through the gear shift lever while cruising in fifth gear under light throttle. The vibration is most prominent when I lift off the pedal and the car is cruising or lightly deaccelerating. The vibration is not felt in any other gear. No unusual noises can be heard. Other owner's on Caliber SRT-4 vehicles have experienced the same vibration in fifth gear. What is the likely cause and why only in fifth gear?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a 2008 Challenger SRT8 and a 1970 Challenger R/T 440 Magnum 4 speed both hemi-orange. I love both cars and I am thrilled you decided to build the new Challenger. You guys did a tremendous job and should be very proud!

Challenger SRT8 - Perf mods such as new exhaust, CAI, 85mm or 87mm throttle body, shaker hood – ram air concept, etc - How long does it take the computer to recalibrate and learn the new modifications for the motor to be running at peak performance again? Should anything be updated or done after the install for any of these mods like “relearn throttle body” or “delete memory” so the computer starts at ground zero to relearn your driving habits with the new parts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is a bone stock SRT8 Challenger six speed and automatic supposed to dyno at the rear wheels?

Because of the new and improved rear-end for the 2009 Challenger does that have higher hp & torque numbers at the rear wheels versus and 08 Challenger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s the best way to launch an automatic SRT8 Challenger for best 0 – 60 times?

Should I leave in drive or shift with the autostick for the fastest time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off I would like to thank you folks for taking some of your time to share with us.

I own a 2009 Challenger SRT8, 6 speed. It is the best car I have ever owned in every way. And I've had quite a few.
My question regards to the use of catch cans. Are they really worth it, for keeping the intake/engine clean. Its been suggested that the 6.1's get a little "more" oil into the intake past the PCV valve than really wanted and therefore possibly causing some detonation & causing the computer to retard the timming, therefore stealing some HP's.

Is this BS, or is it worth the addition of a catch can?

Thank you again for designing a GREAT ride..

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I install the Mopar CAI and the Mopar aftermarket exhaust on the Challenger SRT8, because the motor will breathe better do you think the stock 80mm throttle body is now the weak link and that the motor would benefit from a larger TB? If so what size would you recommend for peak performance?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looks like im going to be the one to ask. There has been alot of talk lately about stage 2 for the caliber srt-4. Im not looking for specifics (unless you can give them), but should us caliber srt-4 owners get our hopes up? I understand production numbers are low, but I would think a good portion of us have bought stage 1. I know there would be alot of buyers for another stage upgrade.

Not a question but a suggestion. If you produced a stage 2 kit, I would be interested in something similar to the neon stage 2 kit, or even a new turbo like stage 3. The main thing im interested in High octane mode and dial a boost. I feel the stock turbo still has some juice left in it, and would love to run some 100 on track days.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.