Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
P0730 question

I have a 2007 300 SRT-8, with approximately 4,000 miles. I purchased it new in December 2008 with approximately 300 miles. From the first day I received it the car will shift out of gear into neutral (or just will not go back into gear when shifting, not sure which) and therefore lose all power. After anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds it will shift back into gear. It happens anywhere from 20 mph to 75 mph and always occurs during slight acceleration. I have read about the P0730-Incorrect Gear Ratio problem, but am not sure if this could be the culprit. The dealership will not fix the problem because it does not happen consistently. It can happen twice in one day or take 3 weeks to reoccur. Is it possible that it is a P0730 problem and the computer is just failing to throw a code? Any idea on what could be the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another question came to me last night, hope it's ok that I'm asking two questions.
My 2007 Charger SRT8 with about 15,000 miles consumes about 1 quart of Mobil1 0W-40 every 3,000 miles. My 5 Star Dodge dealer continues to recommend putting in 8 quarts of Mobil1 0W-40 at oil change intervals rather then the owner manual's called for 7 quarts. The mechanics at the dealer have said there are a number of good reasons to do this and no reason not to. One of the reasons was to ensure that the oil level never drops below safe if the vehicle goes a bit over 3,000 miles before the change. So is this oil consumption normal, and is there any reason I would want to take the dealer's advice and use 8 quarts of oil rather then 7?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that they changed the shock rate and recal'd and redesigned the front uppers for the clunk problem, will the 08 redesigned shocks fit an 06 charger SRT, I put new 06 shocks on mine but the old replacement shocks weren't changed for the clunk...still have it.....thanks:beerchug:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why do the SRT 6.1 Stock Intake Air Boxes have a hole cut out in the bottom? Is it for performance reasons or just extra sound?:beerchug: Pic below for reference. I also noticed the Road and Track 5.7 Chargers have the same type of bottom air box but no hole is cut out of those.

Appreciate your time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a year and a half of starting up my 08 SRT Jeep, I still get that warm and fussy feeling, only real horse power can provide, THANKS SRT.

Wondering with horsepower numbers creeping up every year on the 5.7 hemi, any plans on increasing the 6.1 hemi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a question from the RAM SRT Family.

Over the past year or so a lot of us have been having problems with the oil lines and the power steering lines leaking. Even after having them replaced, some have already failed and started leaking again. Is there anything on the horizon to help fix this problem

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have a rather broad question...

I was just curious, but is mopar going to release and unlocked version of the CSRT PCM? That would solve a lot of our tuning issues and probly net our vendors 10's in the 1/4 mile. If the CSRT could net times like this, it would get a lot more attention as a tuner.

I also know for a fact that everyone on here would definitely pay for an unlocked version of the CSRT PCM. Thanks for your help!

O yea, last question, is there going to be an SRT Demon released? I am really interested in buying one... :banger:

·
Registered
762 Posts
why dose the caliber srt4 use so much fuel while the a/c is on? i was on a road trip and used 1/3 of a tank in less then 100kms...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to chime in again and thank the SRT division for creating such great vehicles. If I had the money I'd have a garage with each SRT model made.

In all honesty I've never considered owning a chrysler/dodge/jeep product, always been a gm guy, until I test drove a Jeep SRT8 against a TrailBlazer SS. Obviously there was no competition to which was the better vehicle. Not even two months later I purchased my jeep and besides the vibration and front tire wear I have had nothing but great things to say about the product you put out.

I'm still amazed at how well you have made a relatively heavy suv handle, brake, and accelerate. Kudos to all the engineers.

Thanks and keep up the good work............2012 Jeep SRT8?!?!?! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Thanks for sharing your time with us here. My 09 Caliber SRT4 manual says oil changes at the 6,000 mile mark, isn't this a little long between oil changes for a turbo car? I am concerned about oil usage and level before the 6,000 mile oil change interval.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Do you feel the mopar sway bars are a good upgrade on the stock caliber srt-4 suspension? There has been some conflict about using the upgraded sway bars without coilovers. I just ordered them and am hoping it's fine, because I have no plans for coilovers.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Was there any difference in parts between an 08 caliber srt-4 and an 09? Why did you allow esp to be turned completely off on the 09's by holding the button down?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Why was the intercooler installed in the upper part of the bumper? Theres room in the lower portion of the bumper, and thats where all the aftermarket companies are putting it. Is there a downside of having it in the lower portion? Any benefits?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome again guys for what's shaping up to be a great session, and with a lot of first timer questions being posted in here. Great to see! I'd like to personally thank you all for doing these sessions each and every month on our forums since late 2005. I hope this will continue for a LONG time to come!!!

Most of us LX SRT8 owners are well versed in pulling fuse #11 (2005 - 2007) and fuse #2 (2008 - 2009) in the FPDC when our cars go into what we call "granny mode" from driving around town. It's a well known and accepted practice by most of us to pull this fuse for 30 seconds to return the TCM learned adaptives to factory settings and drive it like we stole it in auto stick mode to return shift crispness etc. It also clears certain codes.

My question is, what is the equivelent fuse that will clear the adaptives in the GC SRT8? Mine's an 08 BTW, so I don't know if the fuse #'s are the same from 2006 - 2009. Also, any way to slow down this quick learning, or should we always drive it like we stole it?:banger:

Please don't tell me pulling this fuse is a myth...haha!!!:)

Bernie

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Caliber SRT4 compression?

Can you say what the PSI specification is when performing a compression test? My 2003 Neon SRT-4 with Stage 3 and 85K miles reads 170, 170, 170, 168 (battery tired on last pot). Should I expect a similar number with my 2008 Caliber SRT4 that has 8200 miles? Are there any special steps when performing a compression on the CSRT's VVT motor? (other than key on, WOT, crank a few times, read gauge...). Thanks.

Good luck to each and all of you with the FIAT merger. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Not to be redundant.. but thanks again for coming on and answering our questions. :)

mine is about the clicking noise I keep having from my drivers side front suspension.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

I have had the dealer tighten up this axle nut TWICE and the problem came back once already... I am picking it up again today... and if it comes back again what should I have the dealer do? What damage could this cause? Is it still okay to get on it when im driving or will that loosen things up?

honestly it scares me any part of my suspension is "clicking/popping" because I have no idea why it would be doing this over and over.

EDIT:
just picked the car up from the dealer again. Driving back home, the clicking sound has returned... not as bad as it was a few days ago. It happened when I accelerated from a stop light. The dealer says everything is tight.. they checked.. but still dont see anything wrong.

now this is just frustrating because something could be wrong and NO ONE knows what it is!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
2009 CSRT-4 FSM's

Hi guys (Generic term, not gender specific term!!)

I've been trying to get the FSM's (Factory Service Manuals) from Resolve for the 2009 CSRT-4 without any luck. Are there any HUGE differences in the FSM's for 2008 vs 2009? I guess I want to know if the 2008 FSM will cover almost everything the 2009 FSM can (will??)??

Can I get the FSM's on CD or just a print version? I had the FSM's for my 2004 NSRT-4 and found them a little awkward at times and I think viewing the PDF on a laptop will provide a better experience.

BTW, thanks for making two fantastic vehicles!! While the CSRT is a tad more civilized than its older brother :twak:, it's still a whole pile of fun to drive and "compete".

Hope to see you around for many more successful years to come!!:banger:

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A gentle reminder folks...

ONE question per post, please!
If you have more than one question, just break them out into separate posts.

-Thanks!

41 - 60 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.