Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I upgraded my 08 caliber base radio to a 09 mygig ren radio.

Question is I want to run uconnect and ipod with the mygig.
My current uconnect in the mirror does not work with the REN radio. Just prompts Voice On then goes to Help.

Can I install this kit (82211005AC) http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/82211005AC/partinfo.aspx?DivisionId=2&Year=2009&VehicleId=30&CategoryId=1001&GroupId=2082&SubGroupId=3025&pc=45665 and with the ipod adapter(82212000) for that kit? Will it work?

Also any difference between this part number 82211877 and this part number 82211005AC? There both uconnect add ons for the 09 caliber.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Team SRT!

Thanks for building such an outrageous pantheon of performance vehicles. Nothing beats alil' SRT-induced adrenaline therapy at the end of the day. :)

My question pertains to a problem I'm having with my '09 Challenger SRT8 6-speed. I am encountering a nasty grind/clashing when shifting from 4th to 5th gear above 4000 rpm. The closer to redline I get, the harsher the sensation. It does not matter how casually or aggressively I shift, the grind always occurs.

Just today I took it to a local dealership to have the problem checked out. Oddly, I wasn't permitted to go on the test drive. However, after racking up 41 kilometers on my odometer and burning a 1/4 tank of gas, the mechanic/technician determined that the transmission shifts just fine and that I must be rushing my shifts and banging off the shift gate.

When I asked where he test drove it, I was told that he "drove it all over town and didn't notice anything". ('cuz I'm sure he shifted from 4th to 5th above 4000 rpm in congested city traffic!)

Anyhow, I've had 3 different friends of mine drive the car (all of which have been driving stick for about 10 years or so just like me) and they all encountered the same grind. I therefore conclude that I am not crazy nor an inept driver.

Any thoughts SRT gods?

A 4-5 shift a 4 grand puts you at about 90mph. I agree that seem a bit fast for city traffic. My thoughts are you are shifting too early. The gage goes to 6200 for a reason. the 4th gear synchro sounds like it's hurt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

Has rev matching been considered on the automatic SRT-8s when downshifting? I thought that would be a cool little feature and eliminate the lurch that occurs otherwise.

Could it be flashed into the trans?
Rev Matching has been considered, but we are unable to comment on future product.

The current SRT w/ A/T cannot be flashed to accomplish same.

·
Registered
762 Posts
so new injectors and pcm is was one person has found out????but they were also told that new cam shafts will come with this new upgrade....any truth to this????

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Give it one more shot to see if you can shed light.....

2008 Caliber SRT4

This may be a general issue for the Caliber and not SRT specific, and I do have an appt. to take it in on Monday. Regarding the EVIC. My elapsed time meter resets every time the car is off and sits for more than just a few minutes. The MPG meter also resets to 18.8 any time the car is off for a few minutes, as well as when I reset it on the fly. Performance pages also do not save my best times once the car is turned off. When I ran it by them when I made the appointment the service manager did not seem to know about the EVIC and performance pages, so figured I would see if you had any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Another big thanks from a CSRT owner!

Reactions: ilogi

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I really need this answered....
Hello SRT Engineers thanks for taking time once again for answering our questions. Long time lurker so here it goes.

My name is Heidi and I have a 2008 SRT4 Caliber. Since I have owned the car I have had it at several dealerships here in South Florida and they all tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. Many times I take a hard right turn or go over rail road tracks I hear a loud "pop" in the right front end of the car. I was so frustrated I had my husband take it to the dealer and had the service guy get in the car with him on a test drive and it did it and the dude said that was normal. What??? This can't be. Please help.

Thanks again.
Not to be redundant.. but thanks again for coming on and answering our questions. :)

mine is about the clicking noise I keep having from my drivers side front suspension.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

I have had the dealer tighten up this axle nut TWICE and the problem came back once already... I am picking it up again today... and if it comes back again what should I have the dealer do? What damage could this cause? Is it still okay to get on it when im driving or will that loosen things up?

honestly it scares me any part of my suspension is "clicking/popping" because I have no idea why it would be doing this over and over.

EDIT:
just picked the car up from the dealer again. Driving back home, the clicking sound has returned... not as bad as it was a few days ago. It happened when I accelerated from a stop light. The dealer says everything is tight.. they checked.. but still dont see anything wrong.

now this is just frustrating because something could be wrong and NO ONE knows what it is!!!
I THINK we might have the same noise going on. not sure...
but with only llike... 5 minutes left on this I really hope this problem has a solution... since the dealer cant seem to figure it out and its not just one car

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
SRTEngineers, on behalf of all tonight's participants and viewing guests, as well as those who will check in later for responses, let me extend a big THANK YOU, as always for another enlightening Q & A session.

...And, on a personal note, may I say you multi-task brilliantly :beerchug:
See you in September! :wave:

161 - 175 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.