Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Participant Guidelines:
  • Please be respectful
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions - No member discussions here
  • Ask as many questions as you like, but please break them out into separate posts of no more than 1 or 2 questions each to make replies easier and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Mention which make and model vehicle your question pertains to if it is critical to your question
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Allow time for a response. Questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post prior to session end
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product - Please don't ask -

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Session Open!

The thread is now open for your questions...
Please READ & FOLLOW the above participant guidelines to prevent post removal-

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
What is with the intermittent shift linkage concerns? A lot of us are having an issue where the shifter will not actually go into 3rd, 2nd, and sometimes 4th. This is usually during full throttle shifts, and sometimes not. It feels like it doesn't full drop into gear, or it completely locks the shifter gate out. I have had instances where the clutch is fully depressed and it will not let me shift into 3rd. It doesn't happen all the time, so taking it to the dealer in my opinion is a waste of time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
We just learned that the Caliber SRT-4 will not return in 2010, so I am wondering:

1) How many Caliber SRT-4's were built?

2) Are there going to be sufficient parts for Caliber SRT-4s?

Thank you for the great cars. I've owned 3 SRT's already; 2005 Neon SRT-4, 2007 Super Bee, 2008 Caliber SRT-4. I'm looking forward to owning orange and purple SRT-8 Challengers in the near future.

·
Registered
299 Posts
cant stress this enough, please answer number one from jeffaary, and please indicate by color as well.
1) is there at all a future for stage 2 with dial a boost or anything like that was on the neon srt4 stage 2.
2) how long will stage 1 be produced if in fact the caliber srt4 is axed?

thanks for the fun cars, ive owned 2 SRT models.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just want to thank for the support and the time you (the SRT team) spends answering our questions. As I'm from Sweden this opportunity to ask the engineers that build the cars is so rare. Try to get this service from any other Car manufacturer.

I second the earlier questions already posted.
Really sad to see the CSRT4 get axed but I hope the SRT support still will be there, will it?
Or do i need to buy another CSRT4 to have spareparts?
hey i might buy another one just for the investment :)

But seriously, Now i really must get another car to save the CSRT4, it could be a collectors item.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why is there no Nut Lock, Spring Washer and Cotter Pin on the CSRT?

Thank you SRT Engineers for taking the time to answer our questions.:bigthumb:

My CSRT doesn’t have the usual Nut Lock, Spring Washer and Cotter Pin to ensure the front Hub Nut doesn’t back-off and become loose.

The FSM indicates there is a Nut Lock, Spring Washer and Cotter Pin used on the standard Caliber.

But this is not the case for the CSRT.

Why is there no Nut Lock, Spring Washer and Cotter Pin on the CSRT?

There has been more than one post on the forums indicating the Hub Nut came loose and had to be re-tightened.

I noticed a yellow-ish film on my Hut Nut; should Lock-Tite be used to help ensure the Hub Nut from coming undone?

Regular Caliber Hub Nut assembly showing Nut Lock (7) and Cotter Pin(1):

CSRT4 Hub Nut Assembly from FSM showing not But Lock/Cotter Pin):

My CSRT4 Hub Nut Assembly:

Not sure why a portion of the Hub Nut threads in the final picture are bright.
I didn't tighten anything, just removed the wheel and snapped the picture.
Should this be a concern?

Thanks again SRT Engineers.
Best wishes and good luck to all of you in the future.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I just brought my CSRT-4 to the dealership to have the tranny rattle problem looked at. The service manager listened to it and ordered the clutch assembly, flywheel, and throw out bearings.

This is the idle noise that I posted an audio file of in the last chat session. At idle, with the clutch let out, you can hear a rattle coming from the tranny.

If you had to narrow it down to things that would cause this noise only when the clutch is not engaged what do you think it would be?

They are going to replace it all but I still want to know what was causing it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are the alignment specs for the CSRT?

I was unable to find the alignment specs for the CSRT or even the regular Caliber in the FSM.
So I took it to a place that had one of those fancy laser alignment machines.
The machine's computer apparently had the alignment specs for a Caliber.
Shown below are the alignment before and after results they used.
And the car does track a little straighter than it did previously.
But are these the correct alignment specs for a CSRT?
Or are they different for a CSRT?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Challenger/ lx alignment

The LX cars have unusual alignment specs. There is a large caster AND camber split in the front, and a rear thrust angle. Why are these here, especially the thrust angle.

On my 2009 Challenger R/T it felt like it was dogtracking slightly with the factory thrust angle. The front caster and camber were both even (caster were both 9 degrees for example) and not to service manual specs. Have the specs changed from the service manual?

What settings would you recommend for settings for a) track use, b) drag strip, c) street only driving

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8:

Regarding all 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models: I'm curious about the 70 mph vibration too. Apparently a possible fix is the rear driveshaft which was issued a TSB (16-001-05) for 2005 WH Export models only. Why not the WK SRT8 models? I know that the "Two possible causes for the vibration over 70 mph are wheel imbalance or driveshaft imbalance...." It's not the wheels being imbalanced as they've been high speed balanced and road force balanced.

I know that "There is a TSB for the rear driveshaft, which would resolve this issue if it is the driveshaft." and I know we share the same driveshaft. But the dealership won't perform the TSB since 1) We aren't export/WH and 2) It's only for 2005.

--

A lot of 2008+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's are still experiencing coolant spray. Is there a fix yet? The dealership doesn't have an answer. The spray is coming from the radiator cap area. Not the return line. The radiator cap has already been replaced.

Here are a few pictures:

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Is there any cause for concern for Caliber SRT4 owners' issue with water being held in the hood because of the hood scoops?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys! As usual, thanks for doing this.

Recently a member with a GC SRT8 had a blowout on the (R) front with 20,000 miles on it. He was told he needed all 4 tires replaced.

Tire experts recommend replacing all tires on AWD vehicles if there's a difference of as little as 2/32, even between front to back as this adds strain to the driveline if not done.

My questions are:

1. How significent a problem is this driveline strain in regards to the need to replace all 4 tires?

2. Would that portion of the warranty be affected if say there was a 4/32 difference between front to back and only one axel got new tires?

Depending on the answer I may have another one related to this. Thanks!

Bernie

·
Registered
1 Posts
6.1 vs. Crate 6.4

Many thanks for giving your time and expertise for us on these forums!

What are the main differences between the 6.1 Hemi and the crate 6.4 that are responsibe for the extra 100 horsepower rating on the 6.4? cam? cnc heads? both/other?

Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think the Caliber SRT-4 is a GREAT car, especially for the price. The Neon SRT-4, also a great car and the most fun car I've ever owned (see the list of previous Mopars in my signature), was a much greater sales success (over 25,000 sold if my information is correct). With it's nearly equal performance and superior functionality, one would think the Caliber would have done nearly as well as the Neon. What do the SRT folks think the discrepancy in sales between the two SRT-4 models is attributed to?:

1) Neon SRT-4 did not have to compete with Hemi-powered R/T and SRT LX and Jeep platform vehicles

2) The economy

3) Styling

4) Other

Just so you know, I traded in my Neon SRT-4 for a 2007 Super Bee after I was T-boned. I decided my family needed something with side-curtain airbags, which was never available in the Neon. The Caliber SRT-4 wasn't out quite yet, so being an old-school Mopar fan I went for the Bee. The Bee was really cool, but I missed the stick shift and the agility of the SRT-4. I just recently traded the Bee in for the Caliber SRT-4. Definitely more fun to drive. Just wanted to give the SRT-4 guys/gals their props and tell them despite the poor sales of the Caliber SRT-4 I think it is one hell of a car. So do a lot of other people. I did the SRT track experience in Phoenix last November. When my group got to the road course no one but me wanted to drive the Calibers. After convincing a few people to try them, no one who knew how to drive stick wanted to drive the Charger/Magnum/300 anymore. I think that speaks volumes.

Reactions: icemanthrilla

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

My wife’s vehicle will be paid off in May. Then, it will be my turn for a new vehicle. I am 51 and money is not an unlimited resource for me. However, I’m a muscle car guy and I am at the point in my life where I want something powerful and special for my daily driver.

My brother had an orange 70 Challenger 440 six-pack and I absolutely loved the car. I have been following the Challenger since the concept picture came out.

I will be buying an SRT in May 2010 if:
1. They are priced about the same as the 09's, and
2. You make them in Orange. I will not buy any other color.

I will buy it sooner if some sort of “too-good-to-be-true” incentives come out like extremely low financing, cash back, etc.

Sorry for the rambling, here are my two questions:
This car will be my daily driver. So, comfort, convenience, and drive-ability are as important to me as performance.
1. Will you be offering Automatic Climate Control in the 2010 SRT Challengers? I cannot believe a brand new, $40,000 car does not come standard with Automatic Climate Control.
2. Will it be available in the same Hemi Orange?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Transfercase fluid and rear diff fluid at 11,500 miles on a SRT8 Jeep, normal??????

TC

Rear Diff

The front diff was dark but no debris came out.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.