Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I understand. Can you give me an idea of when you will be able to discuss 2010 Challengers? I would love to know about the orange because if it won't be available in 2010, I need to order an 09.

Also, is there a drop dead date to order 09's?

Thanks,
Can not comment on 2010 yet...but if you want Orange call a dealer!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, I sent them all of that... and I estimate mine now above 1.4 with the new suspension, based on what I could get on the stock WK.

I was wondering if you had a legit calculation or measurement for this?

And yes, its great on the track... better in super speedways than autox, but I think I've got that licked now.

PS the tail is a little light at 130+ how about a splitter / diffuser kit? :bigthumb:
Unfortunately we never went beyond what was required as far as documentiation to meet Federal Requirements.

·
Registered
762 Posts
here;s one that is frustrating me....why cant we get 18inch steel wheels for the caliber srt4 from our dealers???

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well it was asked before at the last chat. It was said to reference this TSB. But it doesn't apply to us. I already brought mine to the dealership to get balanced. I know it's not the tires since I had the stock set, toyos, new stock set, and now on Hankook Ventus. Vibration is still there so it's not the wheels and not the tires. It has to be the driveshaft. I already have my "case" in with Chrysler. But I deal with a lot of Philippines or where/whatever they are who don't understand. I told them to escalate this to STAR or SRT Engineers but still nothing. It's all on record. All on file. Simple fix is just incorporating 2006-2009 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's in the TSB. Otherwise many of us will still be battling.

As for the coolant spray. That's where it is. And that's where it is with everybody else. The dealership already looked at it. 3 times. First was just refilling and sending me on my way. 2nd time was replacing the radiator cap as well as the third time along with the thermostat. So unless they overlooked it, there doesn't seem to be any damage. Further, this isn't isolated. It's on -all- 2008+. Check out your SRT Track Experience Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's and you'll see for yourself. Obviously it has to deal with the coolant reservoir alteration amongst whatever else you changed in the cooling system since it rarely ever happens on the 2006-2007.

We will follow up with the TSB group to see what needs to be done to extend the TSB to the cover WK as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will any of the SRT Engineers be attending the LX and Beyond Nationals?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Is there a specific 18" steelie your talking about? The base Caliber spare wheel is 18", but its a compact.
i have an srt4 and i wanna put winter tires on so i need a 18inch steel wheel to mount 18inch winter tires....but every dealer i call they dont list any or even know where to get them....should i be asking for a steel wheel that will fit an r/t caliber?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are oil catch cans installed in-line with the PCV valve really worth it? If so, why aren't they installed at the factory? Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are oil catch cans installed in-line with the PCV valve really worth it? If so, why aren't they installed at the factory? Thanks.
"Worth it" is a matter of opinion. Depends what you're doing (how you're using the car). We make sure our cars are thoroughly tested in aggressive driving conditions so they don't have any oil pull-over issues. Installing a catch jar in the PCV line won't hurt anything. If you really spend a lot of time at the race track or autocross, you may consider using one.

PS - Installing one on PL SRT4 can reduce the amount of oil collecting in your intercooler.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks guys!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks SRTEngineers and all participants for another great session!
The thread is now closed to new questions, although the SRTEngineers can continue to reply if they wish.

See you all on August 5th!

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.