Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Caliber SXT, so congratulate me. :)

Mine came with the base stereo + Sirius. I heard that the GPS system from the Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger is the same unit that's offered as an option in the Caliber. As luck would have it, a friend of mine has a Charger and is going to swap his GPS system with a high-end entertainment system and has offered me his GPS system for a virtual song.

If I buy his GPS (and the GPS antenna that goes with it, I assume) and swap it with the base stereo I have now, will I need to replace the bezel on the console to make it fit? At a glance they seem like they're the same size but you never know. And I assume I can still use my Sirius system since the GPS system offers a satellite input.

Anyone done this swap before?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
look for the rec nav thread. Several people have done it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
sgodun said:
Just bought a Caliber SXT, so congratulate me. :)

Mine came with the base stereo + Sirius. I heard that the GPS system from the Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger is the same unit that's offered as an option in the Caliber. As luck would have it, a friend of mine has a Charger and is going to swap his GPS system with a high-end entertainment system and has offered me his GPS system for a virtual song.

If I buy his GPS (and the GPS antenna that goes with it, I assume) and swap it with the base stereo I have now, will I need to replace the bezel on the console to make it fit? At a glance they seem like they're the same size but you never know. And I assume I can still use my Sirius system since the GPS system offers a satellite input.

Anyone done this swap before?
Congrats on the Caliber and welcome to Caliberforums!:):):):cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts