Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a quick one just had a quick check on google for replacement tyres for the Cali. I' Worried about costings and stock avaliability!
Continental - 215/55 R18 [95H]
So not much came up try it for yourself.
I'm woried becuase of the unique sizing it came up @ £165.00 PER TYRE OR U$290!+ curent Sterling to Dollar rates.
Well ok so lets narrow the costing down.
215 fixed or bigger with after market wheels
55 can be 65 to make it cheaper but leaves not much room between arches and tyre.
R18" rim can't change that unless I change the Alloys.
H rated is the minimum I would used as its speed is 130MPH rated. Cali will only do 120MPH tops standard.
Who has non stock tyres or knows which aftermarket tyre dimensions suit the Cali's 18" Standard rims?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Instead of going with a taller tire, why not just go wider?? A 235/50/18 is almost a perfect match diameter wise so it won't affect your speedo reading, and there are much cheaper options. You can get the BFG G-Force KDWS for $79US right now through Tire Rack. I highly recomed the BFGs. Had them on my truck and they handle and perform great. Also, look into Kumho tires. There are a couple option in that size that are just over $100 each.

ALso, Tire Rack has Firestone Firehawk GTA-03 on sale right now in the stock 215/55/18 size for $106 each.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the dimensions HSKR I have no problem going bigger but legally will the 235 extend beyond the wheel arches and cause a legal problem?
I'm only asking becuase in the UK our tyres aren't allowed to exceed the width of the wheel arches?
But yes regular sizes like 235 would suit and be more widely available to us.
I'll take a look at some of those prices and get back posting the cost difference.
Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
They shouldn't stick out far enough to cause any problem, if they do at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts