Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just here to relay my recent dealer troubles with you. suffice it to say im very unhappy with COOKSVILLE DODGE and as a result, i'm parting ways with my former favorite car company.

you just cant treat loyal paying customers such as myself as poorly as these fellas did, in particular, CLEMENT PASCAL(go ahead google him). now taking your car in for service to see if its covered under warrantly is one thing... but to have them do EXTRA, UNNECESSARY work on your car is another altogether.

so Chrysler, i hope you're happy... your dealer network has let you down again. and as for me... i'm driving a honda(canadian made), loving it and probably NEVER EVER EVER! dealing with a new car dealer again.

i hope you enjoy the 200 bux i gave you... its the very last you'll ever get--- cuz if you want more its gonna cost you. call it my loyalty tax beeyotches.

and as a warning to all of you... get rid of your dodges right muthafunkin now-- you think this is gonna be an isolated issue?... they're gonna be raping you for years to make themselves "profitable" again- so do so at your own risk.

Chinto , out LOL

·
Registered
309 Posts
sorry to hear you have been having trouble.... but what was the extra unnessesary work they wanted done?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they did a friggin tune up on a simple oil change, CEL. i refused to pay it, but then they threatened bailiffs.. so forget it .... 200 bux isnt enuff for me to worry bout. not for a POS SXT.

it was silver, aluminum wheels, window vent visors and boston music group, nothing special..... but the service dept certainly affected the sales and leasing department here. i had hoped to slide into a challenger SXT or a jeep wrangler for ym next car.....

instead now fellas i'm driving a civic coupe. which drives great btw...

and you can bet that the next time i hit the chrysler dealership, my only intention will be to grab the ballsiest salesman in the joint- make him take me on a test drive- one he wont forget.lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
you could have fought that.... well any ways good luck with the new car.

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Have you checked your local state laws or ordinances? They may be required to law to fix any emission related items if it comes into the shop.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you checked your local state laws or ordinances? They may be required to law to fix any emission related items if it comes into the shop.
while a valid point.... there was no rpoblem with th car... 52,000 KM and it needs a tune up? it was a cash grab plain and simple. despite having fixed the CEL under warranty... they did the tuneup anyways....

sorry i know i abandoned the car... but i had a rough ride with it.

two washer nozzles, a wiper motor, a pcm flash, a CEL, tie rod ends etc.... this car just wasnt for me...i had the same problems gettin an oil change done at dealer, because i apparently work harder than them.

you live u learn

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
well....i cant say ALL dealers are bad, but if you had that bad of an experience with this one then i dont dissagree with ya at all.

screw em! u moved on.

You happy tho?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe well if you guys will have me i'll stick around for sure altho less often i guess. the honda forums are crazy stupid to navigate

... the civic coupe is pretty dope for a DD, feels a lot sportier and faster than the sxt(better opn gas too).

as for the dealer... theyre not all bad, but there's a lot of crappy service here up north--

they tried to charge my dad 1500 bux for an abs sensor, brake light sensor replacement at ONTARIO CHRYSLER. he ended up paying 100 bucks or so for sum crap done..., but he didnt have the service contract i did , either..

on a side note...neon-- thats a good one.

the jeep wrangler rocky mountain edition i test drove before my civic is still on their lot.. could have been mine.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
If you ever use the word "dope" and "honda civic" in the same sentance again you will be beaten.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
hehe well if you guys will have me i'll stick around for sure altho less often i guess. the honda forums are crazy stupid to navigate

... the civic coupe is pretty dope for a DD, feels a lot sportier and faster than the sxt(better opn gas too).

as for the dealer... theyre not all bad, but there's a lot of crappy service here up north--

they tried to charge my dad 1500 bux for an abs sensor, brake light sensor replacement at ONTARIO CHRYSLER. he ended up paying 100 bucks or so for sum crap done..., but he didnt have the service contract i did , either..

on a side note...neon-- thats a good one.

the jeep wrangler rocky mountain edition i test drove before my civic is still on their lot.. could have been mine.
:rofl: i wouldn't go near ontario chrysler with a 10 foot pole, that guy looks like he wants to screw everybody.

my comment on the neon was how this is similar to what desertsoldier did about a month ago

If you ever use the word "dope" and "honda civic" in the same sentance again you will be beaten.
:jester: :bigthumb::twak:

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
If the CEL was covered under warranty, why wasn't the tune up?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the CEL was covered under warranty, why wasn't the tune up?
i have no idea... i was considering finanicing the buyout and keeping the car. but with them sticking me with last minute bills... just made me realize that id be in for more screwing if i financed through them.

and yeah ontario chrysler is something else... supposedly the biggest in ontario... but man.. do they ever blow donkey balls.

seems like a common illness amongst canadian dodge chrysler dealers-even thought they have a glut of caravans and rams and such... theyre still trying to squeeze the customer.

they offered me 7.55% interest(my credit is A+++) on a jeep wrangler that they wouldnt budge on sticker price .:jester:

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
i have no idea... i was considering finanicing the buyout and keeping the car. but with them sticking me with last minute bills... just made me realize that id be in for more screwing if i financed through them.

and yeah ontario chrysler is something else... supposedly the biggest in ontario... but man.. do they ever blow donkey balls.

seems like a common illness amongst canadian dodge chrysler dealers-even thought they have a glut of caravans and rams and such... theyre still trying to squeeze the customer.

they offered me 7.55% interest(my credit is A+++) on a jeep wrangler that they wouldnt budge on sticker price .:jester:
yeah i could list a handful of dealers without thinking about it that either me/my family have dealt with/or just look really sketchy

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts

That's odd....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there ANY Good Dodge Dealers in Toronto??

We bought our 2006 Dodge Charger used from Cooksville. Suffice it to say we got some Goo Be Gone to take off that ugly sticker off the car. Now to change that license plate frame.

We had the transmission and induction flushed. Ever since that there is an audible "click" noise every time the needle passes 1700 rpm. Reproducible 100% of the time. Concerned, we brang it in. Service advisor says oh no that's normal it will go away with time. We brang it in again not satisfied with his answers. They charge us $50 for a mechanic to drive it around the lot twice. He says there's no sound that shouldn't be there. Well it wasn't there before. We got about 4 different reasons for why the noise is there, none of which really made sense.

That click is still with us almost a year later.

Also when they put new crappy brake pads on it to put it up for sale they didn't machine the rotors. End result was noise and a METRIC F#$%TON of brake dust which resulted in more noise from the calipers and eventually nonstop squealing and over heating. When they put the wheels back on, they AIR GUNNED the lugnuts on. They are swelling. After complaining to the service manager about everything, we're getting brand new lugnuts put on for free.

We have moved on to another dealership, Islington Chrysler Dodge, but they seem to be just as incompetent. Are they hiring high school students for mechanics or what??? The only thing good here so far is they don't charge to check they did their job right the first time.

They "serviced" our rear brakes, and while the squealing didn't come back right away, we have since replaced brakes and rotors with the help of our buddy mechanic. They didn't clean anything! The calipers were FILTHY. We paid less than half of what they wanted to charge us for a brake job.

We began to experience a creaking and now clunking in the front right wheel. Islington said nothing was wrong. We looked into it and had the tension strut replaced. No luck. After further investigation we are replacing the upper control arms, which they didn't notice failing. That's serious. Those parts on the 2006 Chargers have been redesigned and are no longer being used because of ****ty design. No recall though. Assholes.

So we're on the lookout for another dealership. We have called head office and filed our complaints. So far 2/2 sucked.

TL;DR: Cooksville sucks. Islington sucks. Are there any good Toronto West end dealers for service??

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
We bought our 2006 Dodge Charger used from Cooksville. Suffice it to say we got some Goo Be Gone to take off that ugly sticker off the car. Now to change that license plate frame.

We had the transmission and induction flushed. Ever since that there is an audible "click" noise every time the needle passes 1700 rpm. Reproducible 100% of the time. Concerned, we brang it in. Service advisor says oh no that's normal it will go away with time. We brang it in again not satisfied with his answers. They charge us $50 for a mechanic to drive it around the lot twice. He says there's no sound that shouldn't be there. Well it wasn't there before. We got about 4 different reasons for why the noise is there, none of which really made sense.

That click is still with us almost a year later.

Also when they put new crappy brake pads on it to put it up for sale they didn't machine the rotors. End result was noise and a METRIC F#$%TON of brake dust which resulted in more noise from the calipers and eventually nonstop squealing and over heating. When they put the wheels back on, they AIR GUNNED the lugnuts on. They are swelling. After complaining to the service manager about everything, we're getting brand new lugnuts put on for free.

We have moved on to another dealership, Islington Chrysler Dodge, but they seem to be just as incompetent. Are they hiring high school students for mechanics or what??? The only thing good here so far is they don't charge to check they did their job right the first time.

They "serviced" our rear brakes, and while the squealing didn't come back right away, we have since replaced brakes and rotors with the help of our buddy mechanic. They didn't clean anything! The calipers were FILTHY. We paid less than half of what they wanted to charge us for a brake job.

We began to experience a creaking and now clunking in the front right wheel. Islington said nothing was wrong. We looked into it and had the tension strut replaced. No luck. After further investigation we are replacing the upper control arms, which they didn't notice failing. That's serious. Those parts on the 2006 Chargers have been redesigned and are no longer being used because of ****ty design. No recall though. Assholes.

So we're on the lookout for another dealership. We have called head office and filed our complaints. So far 2/2 sucked.

TL;DR: Cooksville sucks. Islington sucks. Are there any good Toronto West end dealers for service??
FYI - The past tense of bring is brought, not brang :jester::jester:

Reactions: UN4GTBL
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.