Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get an idea on what the average temperature these cas run. The guage isn't any help and seeing that mine used to run at 1/2...(someone hit our passenger panel and leaked the antifreeze out) now it runs about an 1/8 cooler on the temp guage.. so what i'm asking is it is normal for the car to run at half temp and if anyone knows what that temp is?

·
Registered
911 Posts
My Caliber with the 2.0 Liter w/CVT cooling gauge goes about 1/3 the way up from Cold, maybe a little higher. It never hits half way up on mine, even when going up a long hill.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mine runs just below half way. No matter the conditions. I imagine it's probably in the 200 degree range. So, for those people who are still experiencing sprkknock, when they are released, you can look into a colder thermostat which will help with spark knock. If you had antifreeze leak out and replaced it with just water, your car will run cooler. To a point, the more water there is, the cooler the car will run, but you don't want to run all water either because of the boiling point, and you lose the lubrication of the antifreeze in the waterpump.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My SXT2.0L CVT runs the temp guage at a needle width below half all the
time,lately the mornings here have been mid to high 40'sF and I have turned
on the heater for the first time and I am amazed how fast the car generates
heat enough to take the chill out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
mine usually runs in between 1/4 and 1/2. when i'm in stop and go traffic, or am going up a long hill, or am in the mountains, it will go up to 1/2, a couple times over 1/2

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mine stays just barely under the 1/2 mark. Sounds like that is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts