Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to my dealer today and I am still confused about allocation.
How does it work? Who gets what? Do bigger dealerships get more
allocation? Do 5 Stars? Is it monthly allocation? Uggh, I want my damn
car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
From what I understand DCX decides allocation based on previous sales. I read in another post that since there are no sales records for the Caliber, that they are using a dealers previous Neon sales to set this.

I think its monthly, since I've heard people say May, June, etc allocation.

It's also based on vehicle type/trim. DodgeInfoCenter had mentioned that they batch cars that are similar. I don't know the specifics of how they determine this, I'm just repeating what I've heard.

The wait does suck. I'm at 5 weeks now, and I'm still in BX. Even if your dealer has an allocation, DCX is still very backlogged. Between having too many orders and something about the machinery having problems, it looks like we are all in for a long wait. As I understand DCX can only pump out 12,000/month, and in May they had some 48,000 orders. So that right there throws them 4 months behind.

We all just need to be patient, and if you have your Caliber already, come give rides to those who don't have one, LOL.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah every dealer has to deal with this. Allocations for this year goes by Neon sales. So it doesn't necessary mean that large dealerships will get all of the allocations. Also it can also go by how many Calibers are going off the lot and how fast from the dealer. Some dealers around here are JUST getting their first Caliber on the lot, and of course, it doesn't last very long.

Any hard to find model such as the Caliber, and I would say the Caliber SRT-4 will have allocations.

A dealer will only get so many allocations again based off Neon sales for the Caliber. Some only get 1, others get 4 or 5. If you have an order in for a Caliber you have to wait for your dealer to get an allocation from Dodge in order for your order to go beyond BX status.

If a dealer doesn't use their allocation within a certain amount of time, they lose it and it goes to another dealer. So of course, all dealers use their allocations up very quickly as everyone wants a Caliber now days, or they use them for dealer stock.

Allocations are done monthly. Lucky for me, I only had to wait 1 month for an allocation. Ordered May1st, got allocation June1st.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts