Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i went looking to find the stuff about installing a new reciever and speakers and such... thing is... i want to install a double DIN setup Pioneer with DVD and GPS touch screen... only problem is... I NEED A BRACKET to get rid of those pesky semi circles i have noticed on my yet to be delivered caliber... also anyone any info on speaker sizes and dimensions. how is the liftgate speaker system powered? does it have it's own power or is it just run off the recievers internal amplification. TELL ME WHAT WILL FIT IN MY CAR :( i want like best of the best but all Pioneer.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Mopar sells the center stack, color coordinated piece. You should be able to do it that way and get it without the semi-circles. They did that for their Mopar specific double DIN Navi system.

I was looking at aftermarket for that too...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Mopar sells the center stack, color coordinated piece. You should be able to do it that way and get it without the semi-circles. They did that for their Mopar specific double DIN Navi system.

I was looking at aftermarket for that too...
That is true, also. I didn't think about that option.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about the liftgate how is that run?

·
Registered
44 Posts
mudstone, i've sold car/mobile electronics for almost five years now, and here's a few things i've learned on the way:

First off, you aren't going to be able to put a double DIN receiver in your Caliber (without some dash modifications). You can put a single DIN flip out touchscreen receiver (Pioneer AVIC-N2) in with a mounting kit that you can pick up at any local Best Buy or Circuit City.
Second, if you are getting the MusicGate system with the dash and liftgate speakers, you will not be able to hook up you Pioneer receiver to the factory amplifiers. It won't work unless an aftermarket amplifier bypass has come out lately.
And lastly, if you are looking to put in an aftermarket system like what you're talking about, don't get the MusicGate system, get the stock system. Your best options are to get a really nice set of components for the front doors (you may have to cut some holes for the tweeters), some decent 2- or 3-way speakers for the rear (they're located too low in the door to make a big difference), and either a really good 5-channel amp to run it all or a 4-channel amp for your highs and a 2-channel or mono amp for your subs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Speakers Are 6x9 In every door. The Round Covers just pop Off the panel, really easy to get too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts