Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering wether the Caliber has got a front passenger air bag or not? I´ve seen a glove box, the fridge and another glove box above. Seems to be no more space for the air bag, yet this cannot be true?!?
Another question is, will there be any possibility to get the Caliber with a six-speed-manual-trans?
And why does the production car (unlike the concept car) have different headrest on the rear bench than the front seats?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hope this will Clarify for you:

2007 Caliber:
Advanced multistage driver and frontpassenger
air bags with Occupant
Classification System (OCS)* and driverside
inflatable knee blocker
• Side-curtain air bags standard on all
models, help protect all outboard
passengers

·
Registered
161 Posts
As far as the passenger airbag goes it is located way above the upper glove box in the dash.

·
Registered
161 Posts
NIVO88T said:
ahh, air bags and sensors = more weight for sport model SRT version.
True I saw the airbag located in a production version R/T. The will still put a passenager airbag in the srt most likely because with a faster vehical they will think to keep the same safety features if not add more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where the radio antenna is going to be mounted? The concept had it on the roof but now i am seeing shots where it is mounted in the traditional spot where the hood meets the windshield.

·
Registered
161 Posts
dyurkiw said:
Does anyone know where the radio antenna is going to be mounted? The concept had it on the roof but now i am seeing shots where it is mounted in the traditional spot where the hood meets the windshield.
The antenna is on the roof. I went to the NAIAS and all of the calibers on show has the antenna on the roof.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Thats cool, It will make the rest of the vehicle appear "cleaner" to the eye, rather than sleek vehicle then an antenna mast...then the vehicle again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
The antenna is on the roof. I went to the NAIAS and all of the calibers on show has the antenna on the roof.
The antenna on the US version in in the same place as the Neon, the front passenger fender. The only antenna on the roof is the XM type antenna. The European version gets the cool roof mounted antenna, not us. If you look closely at the US versions, you will see the base for the antenna and its not on the roof.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
moparknighthawk said:
The antenna on the US version in in the same place as the Neon, the front passenger fender. The only antenna on the roof is the XM type antenna. The European version gets the cool roof mounted antenna, not us. If you look closely at the US versions, you will see the base for the antenna and its not on the roof.
Aww man! Those bastards! I wanted it on the roof, I wonder if there will be a conversion for that in the future? Well, that still doesn't change my mind about the Caliber, I still like it ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea I just looked at another picture that I took and realized that the antenna is where the neon antenna is. I stand corrected and kinda mad becuase I don't want the antenna located there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Yea I just looked at another picture that I took and realized that the antenna is where the neon antenna is. I stand corrected and kinda mad becuase I don't want the antenna located there.
I totally agree with you. Thats one reason I shaved my antenna off my 2000 Neon ES. Oh well, I guess the antenna can be shaved off the Caliber and a roof one can be mounted. Why can't we get the cool European stuff too? It would be cheaper making it one way. :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone who has looked at the interior in the rear do you think it is possible to place a bike in there standing up right? I would fold the back seats down, take off the front tire and lower the seat if I needed to but does anyone think it is possible to sit the bike up right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Anyone who has looked at the interior in the rear do you think it is possible to place a bike in there standing up right? I would fold the back seats down, take off the front tire and lower the seat if I needed to but does anyone think it is possible to sit the bike up right?
Im not sure how large your bike is but here are the internal dimensions of the Caliber.

Passenger interior volume (cu ft) 95.2
Head room — front/rear 40.0/38.9
Leg room — front/rear 41.8/35.6
Shoulder room — front/rear 54.2/53.4
Hip room — front/rear 52.2/49.6
Cargo capacity (cu ft) 18.5
Cargo capacity w/rear seat folded (cu ft) 48.0

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Unfortunately not upright, and it's not that huge so don't expect it to be too easy to get it in period if you have a full size mountain bike. Although I'm sure if you removed the front tire it wouldn't be a problem. they are selling a mopar roof rack though through dealers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Over all height of my bike is 34 inches tall. I am currently able to fit my bike in my neon with the back seats down so I am going to assume that it will be a lot easier to fit in the back of a Caliber. So standing it up right is going to be out of the question or could it be a possibilty? Also thanks for the information on the mopar roof rack. I race bicycles and I am looking at the best way to hual everything around including my bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Over all height of my bike is 34 inches tall. I am currently able to fit my bike in my neon with the back seats down so I am going to assume that it will be a lot easier to fit in the back of a Caliber. So standing it up right is going to be out of the question or could it be a possibilty? Also thanks for the information on the mopar roof rack. I race bicycles and I am looking at the best way to hual everything around including my bike.
I don't know 34 inches doesn't "seem" too tall. And the liftgate is smartly hinged far back to not get in the way of loading. Darn my memory.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts