Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, there's another thread on this in the Picture section.. I'm shocked that that one was a PARKING LOT accident!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, without insurance claim.. or police report.. the title not effected, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Most airbags have several triggers that must be tripped simotaniously to deploy the bag. Typically there is an inertia trigger somehwere centralized in the car along with several sensors on the front end after the softest crumple zones. The damage on that car looks actually fairly minor in all due to the fact that it only affected the initial impact zones that are designed to actually even deform and reduce injury if a pedestrian is hit.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
now why the H didn't the airbags deploy on that crash???? clearly the front took the brunt of the damage. enterprise rental. fell off the truck or what? LOL
Have you read your owners manual?? The seats have pressure sensors in them. If they don't detect an adult (over 90lbs) sitting in the seat, then the airbags will not deploy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You know what is funny?...I dropped my wife off at a wedding shower the other day and there were a few women staning around outside when i dropped her off. After i pulled away, a lady there, who owns a body shop says she just finished working on one and said it was one of the best built and technically sound cars she has worked on. I took it with a grain of salt and it only bolstered my decision that i had bought the right car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
:eek:

(someone jealouf of the cali made this, not I)

sorry

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts