Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Bang....REPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Just busting on ya!!! One of the mods posted that a while back....I don't mind watching it twice.

I think it held up very well!

·
Registered
285 Posts
It looks like the seat belt split just before the dummy hit the airbag. Anyone else notice this?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Rob, now that you mention it! It does look like it does, but I can't be certain, although it does "flap and rebound" like it is a belt.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I caught that too... Hmm... somebody go test it! LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
The belt is mounted lower than from where that peice swings out.. I'd bet it's just trim ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
easterbun said:
The belt is mounted lower than from where that peice swings out.. I'd bet it's just trim ;)
God I hope so!

·
Registered
269 Posts
For more info about the crash test (ie: specs of the car being tested and stuff) go to: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3735.html

Hopefully, when they do the side test, they equip the car with side air bags. Most compacts (the Mazda, Corolla, Cobalt, etc) all seemed to get extremely poor ratings when they were tested without side curtain bags, but when they got re-tested, the NHTSA usually bumps it up.

I'm also looking forward to the more strict EuroNCAP ratings... they do a frontal offset crash test for the front (the test is on their driver's side which is the right... but at least it's reasonable to assume that it'll be similar to a left-handed test. They also do a pole test where the see what happens if your car is skidding sideways and impacts an unmovable pole (ie: a tree or a seriously thick metal pole).

·
Registered
506 Posts
"frankly it scares the F*CK out of me*

·
Registered
97 Posts
don't know.. but I really think is the seat belt.... that is scary... . ANYONE WANT TO TEST IT?????? please post pics.. jeje :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
The strap that lets go looks like to me a strap they use to keep the dummy upright until the colision occurs. The top of the strap is way to high in the vehicle to be the top of the seatbelt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just as long as its not the seatbelt, I don't care.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree, whatever that is that is moving freely is scary looking. As long as its not the seatbelt, its all ok. However, whatever it is, could fly around and wack you in the head, and that could hurt.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Don't wanna find out... and hopefully won't ever have to.... though we may have our first side impact test dummy involved in our forums... i forget the post or the post(er?) but he's waiting on an appraisal from a T Bone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts