Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know it is probably getting old hearing about the HID issues, but I bought EuroFX headlight and fog light kits for my SRT...had some problems with the headlights, got a relay and now they are cool, but I started the fogs this last weekend, and whoa. I get the driver side fog put in, hooked up, and then go to turn it on...nothing. So, I reversed the polarity to the ballast, turn it on, and it comes on....So, I automatically assume the same for the passenger side. I get the driver side bolted in and secured, start on the passenger side, and get it in, reverse the polarity to the ballast, turn them on...nothing. Not one hint of light from either. I switch the polarity back on the passenger side, and turn the lights on, and all I get is the driver side. So, I reverse the pass. side again, put the driver side to normal, and I get only the pass. side on. I put them both back to normal...nothing. I swap bulbs, same thing all around...I swap ballasts, same thing all around...I even swapped a ballast from my headlights for S&G's, same thing all around. I call the EFX tech and he has no clue...I have been researching everywhere on the net, and can't find this problem anywhere else...Any suggestions?

·
Registered
486 Posts
These cars do not like hid. Try and turn them on via the parking light wire and see if they work. If it does you know its the can bus system screwing things up for you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah my foglights worked just fine for almost a year and then whenever I would turn them on and try to start the car it wouldn't start. So I dont have mine hooked up anymore I got tired of messing around with them. Headlights still work great though...Thankfully!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts