Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thought occurred to me the other day, and I want feedback from everyone who reads this, both positive and negative welcome!!

Well, here goes...

Everyone know how the Hyundai Tiburon has a performance/parts website called SharkRacing? -Which is neat because a tiburon is a shark and blah, blah, blah...and the Neon has 10th-Element, Saturn has SixthSphere and SaturnPerformance, and so forth...still with me?

Now, what if I or someone were to create a performance/parts/club type of site named BulletRacing (caliber as in gun barrel bore, etc) or something having to do with the Caliber name or it's meaning. Other name ideas are like XCaliberRacing (having to do with the legendary sword, nothing with my name.

It'd be a free-to-join owners group (deffinately NOT trying to take people away from these forums AT ALL!!!), we'd have like little window stickers and have Caliber parts for all models available so it's easier to find in one place!! Examples would be performance parts like intakes, body kits, spoilers, interior accessories, bug deflectors, and so on!

Call me crazy, I usually have big dreams and ideas, but I just want to get us out there in just another small leap.

Let me know what you think! I won't start anything without support (and if positive help me with names), and if negative... seriously, I thank you for your time and opinions and thank you for bringing my head back down to Earth!

::cracks fingers:: Later!

-Will

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's a HUGE responsibility and all, and I'm not naive to that factor...

But I'm willing to do all the work if the idea's supported!

Oh! More ideas I came up with are posting peoples pictures of them with their cars, maybe having owner's club meetings annually... more to come once they pop outta the fog! Haha! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old_Dude said:
Sounds good. Something like .50 Caliber Racing maybe?
That works too, really clever actually!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
katiescaliber said:
It's cute- but these aren't really race cars... ?
Well neither are Tiburons, lmao... it's just something fun that I planned on putting together. :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
DXCaliberSRT4 said:
Well neither are Tiburons, lmao... it's just something fun that I planned on putting together. :D

No Race car but a 15.6 1/4 mile versus the 17.8 on the RT tested by MSN is a little more sporty, along with its ferrari look alike lines and plans to go RWD for the redesign made it a cool little car 3-4 years ago when it first came out and it to this day (before the srt4) is still deffinetly more the sports car vs. the caliber in my books

·
Registered
644 Posts
bulletracing is pretty cool. would make it hard to have a parts site with no parts though. if you could team up with a good R&D shop that would be tits. someone that makes throttle bodies, manifolds etc....

·
Registered
14 Posts
i think it would be a great idea...im not into mod'ing my car too much...but i think bringing all us Gunslingers together wouldn't be a bad idea...*smiles*...
and i would vote for BulletRacing...my only request is that we have some kind of smaller decal instead of the large one's that go across the entire windshield...for those of use who don't like that look but want to support too...

G

·
Definately a sweet ass idea to be honest. I would definately support it if it happens...how about .50 Cal Racing....For some odd reason I think it sounds better like that than spelling out Caliber. But anything is cool with me :)

Definately keep us posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spike22 said:
i think it would be a great idea...im not into mod'ing my car too much...but i think bringing all us Gunslingers together wouldn't be a bad idea...*smiles*...
and i would vote for BulletRacing...my only request is that we have some kind of smaller decal instead of the large one's that go across the entire windshield...for those of use who don't like that look but want to support too...
I completely agree... something minute so everyone can sport it on a back or side window and not have to worry about the tuners pulling up next to you and revving, haha!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sgodun said:
You're gonna have trouble with "Bullet Racing".

http://www.google.com/search?q=bullet+racing
Thanks for the heads up... guessing ".50 Caliber" minus the "Racing" sounds good, plus it applies to all even witout performance mods. Owners group mostly, I'll put a ****load of pics and links on for part companies, unless they permit me to be a retailer. It's going to take a while, but where's the fire? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts