Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I canceled my order for a 1.8 L, SXT sport caliber and instead placed one for a 2.4 FWD RT. Keep in mind I had already waited approximately 8 weeks for the 1.8. After 8 weeks it was still in D status. Anyway, the dealer still wanted to sell the 1.8 I had ordered and my wait time got reset to 0. I feel a little dissapointed that my car is going to take an additional 2 months, but I wanted something I was going to be happy with for 10 years. As I'm moving to Blacksburg in the next month or so, I didn't want to have a Rolls-Can't-hardly on my hands with the 1.8 L. Blacksburg has a lot of steep hills and I was afraid the 1.8 would "Roll down one hill and hardly get up the next." Anyway, if the 1.8 L acts like a 2.4 AWD in terms of acceleration, I can't wait to try the RT FWD with T355 manual. Anyone know what acceleration is like with a 2.4 L manual?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Grendel_Cave said:
...but I wanted something I was going to be happy with for 10 years.
BINGO!
Grendel_Cave said:
Crazy? Or just peticular?
Neither, just very smart and driven!

I wanted a 2.0 with SVT and the dealer happened to have one enroute and I got it. It has everything I wanted except for the leather steering wheel (which I'm making plans on getting).

My parents waited over 14 months for a Toyota Prius!!! 14 MONTHS!!! They've had it for about a year now and are still excited about it and it's been flawless.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i agree that you should get what you want, dont settle especially when you plan on driving it for a while, so get what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts