Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Look at what I've found while combing the web for some information about shipping of Calibers to Europe:

Here is the URL where I got it from: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=150166

It is obviously a "european" Caliber! Antenna - head rests - CRD sign at the hatch!

Maybe there is someone around who can (discreetly :rolleyes: ) look up the license plate to verify if it is some kind of test mule or if it is a re-imported Caliber in private hands!?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Manufacturer test plate commonly known as an M-Plate in michigan. Looks like DC is testing on the road in the US?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well the Caliber CRD still get built in Belvediere, and then shipped overseas. This is most likely just a test mule. Last I heard there were no plans to launch the CRD in NA.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tigerr said:
Well the Caliber CRD still get built in Belvediere, and then shipped overseas. This is most likely just a test mule. Last I heard there were no plans to launch the CRD in NA.
Its from mid august anyway so it is all but an actual sighting.

Just figured some of the guys on your side of the pond might be interested if/that DC at least did some road tests with the CRD version.

As far as I understand the problem of the diesel engine not being issued in NA, it is all about the "dirty diesel" you are using over there.
It was either connected to the cetan values or the ppm of sulfur being a lot higher than over here in Europe!? Not sure about it though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, we love our sulphur when it comes to diesel.

·
Registered
901 Posts
hmmm - question for the engineer types here --- if diesel fuel is different in Europe than in the US, where is DCX gotten its supply from in Belvidere?? They have to fuel up the CRD versions, don't they? with US or European diesel??

·
Registered
775 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
hmmm - question for the engineer types here --- if diesel fuel is different in Europe than in the US, where is DCX gotten its supply from in Belvidere?? They have to fuel up the CRD versions, don't they? with US or European diesel??
My guess would be either, A) since it's a test vehicle and not intended for long term use on American roads, they simply use the diesel bought locally. Or, B) Since it's a car built for a foreign market, DCX is able to get fuel that meets the same standards as the market in which the car is intended to be sold. Meaning they would be able to get a stock of Euro grade diesel for their tests.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts