Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my first problem with the caliber and I have had it since june. The cruise control wont engage all of the time. Taking it in tomorrow to have them look at it, hopefully it gets fixed. Anybody else have cruise problems?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah,

Main one being I didn't get it on an 18,000 dollar car:)

I'll be going aftermarket very soon for cruise though:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mine failed soon after I got it last July. Turned out to be a micro switch in the control lever. It was repaired in under ten minutes.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mine works perfect...sorta. It works as intended. However, when attempting to use the cruise lever to accelerate, the engine will increase RPM's until red-lined. The only way to accelerate is to tap the lever for 1mph increases each time. I can't hold it until desired speed is reached unless I don't mind redlining the rpm's. Others here have stated this is the way theirs behaves as well. Very odd design.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Huff said:
Mine works perfect...sorta. It works as intended. However, when attempting to use the cruise lever to accelerate, the engine will increase RPM's until red-lined. The only way to accelerate is to tap the lever for 1mph increases each time. I can't hold it until desired speed is reached unless I don't mind redlining the rpm's. Others here have stated this is the way theirs behaves as well. Very odd design.

I will have to try mine on the way home. I dont remember it doing that though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts