Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would it take for a wrx to keep up with me? Not the most recent model but the one before...

I thought I was gonna smoke him but I only took him by half a car or so...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
You should kill him from a roll. From a dig you can still take him if you go the whole 1/4.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Decent amount of mods. Stock run mid to low 14's. No top end it's all in the launch. My Nsrt used to catch em in 2nd gear.

He's got exhaust boltons maybe some tires tuning. Sti's were mid to low 13's with 300hp wrx's had 230ish hp.

·
Registered
967 Posts
the wrx will need a good amount of mod's. I raced one that was modded when I was stock and had him by like 4 cars. He asked if I had NOS lol. And that was from the dig

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was from a dig. we stayed even at the launch, which is where i thought he would pull and i only pulled slightly in every gear...he at least had intake/exhaust.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
it was from a dig. we stayed even at the launch, which is where i thought he would pull and i only pulled slightly in every gear...he at least had intake/exhaust.
I would say he had a few bit more mods than that... I know they run pretty decent stock but to keep up with our top end like that he must have a bit more going for him...

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
What would it take for a wrx to keep up with me? Not the most recent model but the one before...

i took out my boys wrx from the line. ran a full 1/4 mile. i had a pretty ****ty launch also. i beat him by a car and half. from the line he pulled about 3 cars ahead and once i got traction it was bye bye rex:banger::banger:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
They must have had a good tune and some bolt-ons would be my guess. Lots of good/proven stuff for those cars out there.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would say it would be a situation where they're not telling you everything about their car. I'd say 7/10 people never do. So if they lose they can cover their @ss. If they win, they have something to brag about. Its too bad people just can't man up and say I got my @ss handed to me. If you lose, you lose....

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
i had 2 kids...i mean 16 17 y/o...wanted to wait for me (i was in line for the car wash) to race. he car look trick out, like he send every last dime on it. i heard him start it up, it sounded mean!!! but anyany i told him i had my kid with me, which i did. i was wondering how the race would of went, maybe i will see him on the road one day (race him from a 60 punch...ehh ehh)

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i thought for sure with my stage 1 i was gonna pull on him... his car did sound mean!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
i thought for sure with my stage 1 i was gonna pull on him... his car did sound mean!
You know how about the older STIs from a roll? This may sound like a bunch of crap I would think so as well but... On my way home from school this STI blew past me on the onramp to the freeway, then on the freeway he got up right next to me, revving back and forth for a bit so finally I decided to try (I knew in my mind I was gonna get reemed pretty bad) but I didnt we went from about 40 to 90 or so (no there wasnt traffic lol Im not that stupid in arizona thank you) not much but I pulled him pretty good :notallthere:

I was really confused when I hit my brakes to slow down he proceeded to fly by me, now Im not a good driver by any means so I dont think I should have beat him that bad lol.... it was a few car lengths atleast.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You know how about the older STIs from a roll? This may sound like a bunch of crap I would think so as well but... On my way home from school this STI blew past me on the onramp to the freeway, then on the freeway he got up right next to me, revving back and forth for a bit so finally I decided to try (I knew in my mind I was gonna get reemed pretty bad) but I didnt we went from about 40 to 90 or so (no there wasnt traffic lol Im not that stupid in arizona thank you) not much but I pulled him pretty good :notallthere:

I was really confused when I hit my brakes to slow down he proceeded to fly by me, now Im not a good driver by any means so I dont think I should have beat him that bad lol.... it was a few car lengths atleast.

MOST awd cars from a roll arnt that good. Instead of putting the tq down to one axle like we do...STI's put it down to 2. Now...the reason i said most...was because i got walked by about 3 lengths by a STI from a 45 roll :mecry:

He was putting down somewhere around 400+HP tho...so it wasnt too bad.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
You always have to consider that our car from a roll behaves like a car that gets at least a half a second better 1/4 mile time. If you get a 13.5 than you should be able to handle a car that averages a 13.
This is just my observation and nothing scientific.

Once you eliminate the launch we can hadle cars that should be beating us, if they are stock or close to it.

The WRX can have an intake and exhaust and a simple Cobb tune and you have a whole new animal.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
i think the same way lee, our car is a low 13 sec car if we could launch like an awd.....we lose it off the start.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts

you're a fat ass... you need to lose some weight... what are you, like 122lbs now?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
what body style was it? if it was the peanut or blob eyed model then he would have had quite a few mods done...06-07 maybe a tbe and a tune as the 2.5 ltr really helps in making power over the 2.0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts