Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Iam new to the forum but iam very interested in purchasing the new Dodge Caliber and currently reside in Sydney,Australia. I have not seen many caliber's on the road which is one reason why i want the car because to be different to everyone else on the road but ive seen one yellow Dodge Caliber and it was smokin hot. Iam just wondering how the R/T FWD 5 Speed Manual drives? if the shifting quality is good and how the car drives. I am looking to purchase in the next month but i am going to get my probationary license next week so this car looks excellant as it has good fuel economy and has space like a suv. I also would like to know about anyone's experiences with the new caliber on this forum and if they have made the right decision and maybe pictures of any smokin Caliber's :D

cheers;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome! :)

You might have a hard time finding a yellow Caliber, because that color is not available anymore. You might get lucky and find one somewhere out there already built from the first part of last year.

Reading on the forum you will find people that have had no problem, some problem or lots of problems with their Caliber. Mine is currently in the shop for the first time since I bought it in November.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The 5 speed is smooth and easy to use. The caliber also handles well when gonig hard into a corner. You may want to do a search on this site and look at the posts on "tires" and "TSB".

For a new car, there are relatively few problems and those identified have been quickly addressed by DCX.

The Caliber is a fun car to drive and well built. The interior could be upgraded a little but then for the price it is a really good deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying and i am glad the 5 speed manual is smooth. But atm iam stuck between buying a 2003 Subaru Forester XS luxury or a Dodge Caliber R/T. But i love the styling on the dodge caliber its soooo hard to choose:confused: Can anyone comment on the Subaru forester? if so it would help;)

cheers :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the website:) But i just cannot get away from the cutting edge styling of the Dodge Caliber:p its soo irrisistable it makes me drool:cool: If anyone that owns a caliber r/t w/ manual transmission can you plz give a rundown on if u made the right decision and/or write a review just so it can make my decision easier:D

cheers :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
DoDgErUlZ said:
Thanks for the website:) But i just cannot get away from the cutting edge styling of the Dodge Caliber:p its soo irrisistable it makes me drool:cool: If anyone that owns a caliber r/t w/ manual transmission can you plz give a rundown on if u made the right decision and/or write a review just so it can make my decision easier:D

cheers :)
I cannot comment on the manual, but the R/T we bought is a fantastic car. No regrets at all. Plus, I got Solar Yellow :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,
Yellow was a pretty outstanding colour expecially on the caliber:cool:
I went to the dodge dealership in sydney and they said u cant get the musicgate on the R/T and i was surpised and dont understand why? :confused: and i was also told the the R/T was selling really well and there might be a 3-4 month wait :eek: can anyone confirm if the dodge caliber have been seeling that well?

cheers:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes...You can get Musicgate on the R/T...i know...because i have it. Your dealer should check his facts!...I think you'll find of the calibers built with musicgate...60% will be R/T's. I don't think it is available on the S/E.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow... some dealers are just retarted. Why would you not be able to get the upgraded sound system on the top of the line model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yea and iam like soo dissapointed but they said u can get it on the SXT model with a sport and sound package but i was like i want the 5 speed R/T:cool: lol It amazes me because if u look on http://www.daimlerchrysler.com.au/dc_australia/.html and then click news on the left hand side then scroll down to october 2006 and click on the article that says Caliber R/T arrives packing more punch read through it and It says that musicgate is a option on the R/T model. So i dont know but iam:confused: but i hope the dealers are wrong:mad:

cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
I thought that maybe because you live in a British Colony that the options were adjusted. But I reconsidered my thinking as I too am in a B C in Eastern Canada. Have a 5 spd SXT loaded minus the useless things (like the hole in the roof) and it includes musicgate which is a very nice addition to the ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts