Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the difference is? are they different trannys? or is a just a autostick shifter and programming? just curious if there would be any way add the autostick to my sxt. any help would be great! thanks in advance!

·
Registered
343 Posts
cali_stang said:
does anyone know what the difference is? are they different trannys? or is a just a autostick shifter and programming? just curious if there would be any way add the autostick to my sxt. any help would be great! thanks in advance!
All CVTs used in Calibers are CVT2...this is the second generation of the CVT made by the company that produces them for DCX and others.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Both are made by Jatco if I'm not mistaken and CVT2 is in all Caliber's I know this for a fact. If you want CVT you need to get a Nissan or a Saturn, they have been running them since about 2000 maybe longer. You and I got the next generation with upgraded belts and conest to make it work more effiecently, the shift points that you speak of are just on the ECU for the R/T's transmission, they really don't do anything except make the user "think" there are shift points when it really works exactely the same. You can do some searching via Google and find out more info for yourself. The reason I know anything about CVT is I didn't want to buy a car with it until I researched it,, it tooke me a while to feel comfortable accepting it but I'm a meat and potato's kind of guy. I've rebuilt and built more cars than most people will own in thier lives and I'm only 27, started by pulling an engine and transmission out of a ford ranger at 8 with my dad on the Pecan tree in the front yard:)

Hope this helps.

T

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jatco, ugh, I have that in my 04 Mazda 6. Not a CVT, but that thing was harsh. Still is. Not sure how the Jatco CVT2's are. But listening to some of the people talking about dropping in to first and such, it sounds EXACTLY like what my Mazda does. Thats the reason why the 05's and newer Mazda 6's don't have Jatco's in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts