Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so in the search for a new (used) CVT transmission for my 2009 dodge caliber SXT 2.0L I had great difficulty finding one for this specific vehicle, so I then searched the part number (jf011e) to find a transmission that I THOUGHT would work and found one from a 2012 Nissan Sentra 2.0L.

My car being a dodge and the other being Nissan I was skeptical but I searched the internet extensively on the two transmissions and nothing I found told me that there was any difference between the two. So I went out on a limb and got the nissan transmission.
Everything was fine until I get the transmission out of the caliber and then start to look at the two and realize the bolt pattern on the bell housing was slightly different...

Everything internal looks to be the exact same and from my research nothing has told me any different so since I am unable to return the transmission i bought used and the one I have is unusable I am going to attempt to move the internals of the nissan transmission into the casing from the caliber transmission...

If anyone has done something similar with a CVT transmission, or has any more knowledge about how and if i can do this, or just any tips, comments, advice, etc. on the job I am about to attempt it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts