Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a problem on how the caliber with cvt takes off...on my it takes the longest to reach at least 30mph i have to go over 2k rpm in order for the caliber to move a little faster..does anyone know if there is a tsb to take care of this.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ya, the initial hole-shot is poop. i was wondering that myself.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
jurias said:
does anyone have a problem on how the caliber with cvt takes off...on my it takes the longest to reach at least 30mph i have to go over 2k rpm in order for the caliber to move a little faster..does anyone know if there is a tsb to take care of this.
First off....Welcome to Caliberforums!!!:):):)

jurias: Can you give more info on the model you have SE/SXT or R/T?? and the amount of current miles are on it!?!?

Many on the forum here have mentioned this and it gets better as break-in occurs. Some say you will see an increase at 1.5K to 2K miles, and better MPG numbers!

EDIT: Yo many want to check out this thread too!:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760&highlight=slow+start

·
Registered
644 Posts
ive got 2500 miles on my caliber RT and its gotten a little better but still a little sluggish.... well see after the first oil change..

·
Registered
143 Posts
after 6500 kms on my caliber here is what I've noticed about off the line accel. She has great accel up to the first 20km/h then it drops off signifigantly until you hit around 60km/h and 4k rpm then it shoots off till around 120km/h. All in all not too bad for a 2.0L 4 banger that has to carry around 3k pounds. Sure shocks the hell out of the rice rockets when they pause to shift and that gives the cali time to rocket right by.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Coming back from Toronto monday night after working 30 hours straight at the MMVA's I had my first drag race in my SXT Sport, CVT. A guy in a new Chevy Monte Carlo was tailgating for about 6 blocks and then passed me on the right and cut me off. I pulled up beside him at the next red light and flipped him the bird. The light turned green and I floored it for the first time in 5400 KM's. The Chevy chirped it's front tires and was about 30 feet ahead me when all of a sudden it felt like a turbocharger had cut in and the Caliber surged past him.To busy to check RPM or speed but felt good the rest of the 2 hour drive home.

·
Registered
86 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Coming back from Toronto monday night after working 30 hours straight at the MMVA's I had my first drag race in my SXT Sport, CVT. A guy in a new Chevy Monte Carlo was tailgating for about 6 blocks and then passed me on the right and cut me off. I pulled up beside him at the next red light and flipped him the bird. The light turned green and I floored it for the first time in 5400 KM's. The Chevy chirped it's front tires and was about 30 feet ahead me when all of a sudden it felt like a turbocharger had cut in and the Caliber surged past him.To busy to check RPM or speed but felt good the rest of the 2 hour drive home.
sweeet kil dood. put dat chevy in itz place yo!;)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Awesome....thats what I am talking about..heh:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
NOICE just plain NOICE....

·
Registered
190 Posts
xlimodriver said:
sounds like you had a good time... keep it under control though, don't wanna hear about another caliber getting wrecked.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
ewitz......When a limo driver is on a livery, especially for the music industry you do more sleeping or power napping than driving. After driving to Toronto from home sunday morning and picking up a Yukon XL at the office I drove to the Park Hyatt downtown, sat there till 6:30 when they brought out my guy, drove down to the limo red carpet staging area at Much Music, moved to the red carpet at 7:15, parked around the back till they called me at 11:45, drove to after-party at Courthouse 5 min. away, waited there till 3:am and drove the guy back to the Park Hyatt. Being one of the first drivers finished, dispatch gave me a 5 am airport which turned out to be a no show but I got paid for it and 2 more hours sleep...........Once I passed the Chevy I slowed right down, the cops in TO don't take lightly to street racing, confiscate your car and crush it, anybody in Ontario can confirm this if they saw the stories in the papers last week. I would never drive if I was too tired, again, fell asleep for a split second years ago, scared the crap out of me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have not really noticed that it is any slower than other cars at the stop light to 30 mph, Since I am not bracket racing I feel it is equal to the other cars on the street.

I have noticed that the R/T has gotten better on acceleration, passing is amazing from 40 mph and up, it feels great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its not tremendously slow its just that it start out good til like 15 to 20 mph then it drops the gear and it sucks, i have to press the accelerator more in order to feel like im moving..i have the sxt with 10300 miles on it getting about 24 mpg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts