Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From what I've seen D1 Status is "Gateline Schedule - Scheduled to be built".

Last week I was in D and then when I called my dealer this week he said it is in D1. From other posts I was under the impression that once in D1 the vehicle had a VIN and an estimated delivery date. Mine does not yet.

I trust my dealer as he said that his other current Caliber orders are stuck in F, which is Paint. I beleive this because I remember reading in another post that the Trim (G Status) section is where the problems are occuring.

EDIT: This is the thread that mentions the problem in Trim:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25148&highlight=trim#post25148

I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone into D1 but not been given a VIN or Delivery Date.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've never heard of that. I had a VIN and a VON before mine even hit D status. I'm wondering if your dealer made a mistake? I know you trust your dealer, but it is possible they either overlooked something, or just didn't see the other information.

D-1 is a status where its scheduled to be built. Usually once it goes into D-1 status, your car will be built sometime within the next 3 or 4 days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine are in "D" since 7/11 and I have the VOM's and VIN's.
orangecalibersxt, I've been watching yours to get a feel for maybe when something will happen with mine. Any update on your status yet?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've been told so many things I don't know what to believe. I was supposed to be built July 7th. That date came and gone and no Caliber was built. I called last week and they said it was estimated to be built on August 2nd. Called back Wednesday and it was pushed back to August 4th. Called back today and there's no estimated build date at all. So its been 13 going on 14 weeks for me.

I'm beginning to look around for something similar. I'd even take an R/T at this point with the same options I ordered on my SXT Sport. If I find something I like and they give me a deal I feel is what I can afford, I'll take it and the dealer to can sell my order to whom ever wants it whenever it comes. I'm hoping that my Caliber is just built soon.

So my current status is still D. They keep telling me it should be hitting D1 soon, but I've been told that since July 1st.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are no R/T's around here at all, that's what I'm after. There is a Compass Limited with all the same options as mine. I'm thinking about it but wife doesn't want me to. I'd rather have AWD instead of 4WD, and Jeep doesn't have Orange either. So maybe I'll get mine before it snows again.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah there's not many R/T's here either and the ones that are have no options or they're maxed out on options, costing $24,000+. This is because they're not currently making R/T's, but rather SXT's.

The guy I talked to when I checked in on my order said they make the cars in stages. First they make R/T's and SE's until they run out of parts to make those models. By that time, all of the parts for SXT's are in so they start making SXT's and SXT Sports and they make them until they run out of parts for SXT's. So if you have an SXT on order and it doesn't get made by the time they run out of parts, you gotta wait until the next round of SXT's is made. Now this could be a crock of ****, but thats what the guy at the Chrysler Customer Center told me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been watching inventories locally since they first came out that looks to be pretty true just from my observations. "They" said that R/T's and SE's would both be about 20% each and the SXT's would be about 60% of the total volume. Good luck on yours. Gotta be rough having so many ups and downs! I can handle most anything outside of being lied to.

Another thing that I don't buy into is the "Allocation /Neon Sales" This is a world car and I don't think that they sold too many Neons out side the US. Also, my dealer is a new dealer and they have had as many, if not more, than some of the older more established ones. My dealer also said, take it for what it's worth, that they are now building the "SOLD" cars, i.e. Special Orders, before building any more for dealer inventory.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, somehow I'm in BX again. Still no further than I was a few months ago. No ETA or anything. I've called around to other dealers and they can't do anything for me. Nobody has what I want on their lots. I'm so close to giving up. 15 weeks is beyond reasonable to wait for a new car. And my dealer wont hook me up with anything because I'm already getting "Preferred Pricing".

·
Registered
50 Posts
I heard that the assembly line closes for 2 weeks in August? Is this true?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tigerr said:
Well, somehow I'm in BX again. Still no further than I was a few months ago. No ETA or anything. I've called around to other dealers and they can't do anything for me. Nobody has what I want on their lots. I'm so close to giving up. 15 weeks is beyond reasonable to wait for a new car. And my dealer wont hook me up with anything because I'm already getting "Preferred Pricing".
Sometimes its not easy for a dealer to get you a different Caliber. Even if they find one, there's no guarantees they'll be able to get it because most of the time that dealer will want a Caliber back in return, which your dealer may or may not have. Or that dealer may want something like a Charger SXT which can be hard to find, which your dealer may or may not have.

The plant may close down for a few days in September for Labor Day, but other than that, it should be going 100% full production as usual. BTW...this is the last full week of August. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wish I knew the plant status, I was told mine was in D1 with a build date of 8/30. Since my current car is gone, it would be nice if it was actually built then. But I do have a vin

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tigerr said:
Tigerr, that's c-r-a-a-a-z-y! I am assuming that vehicles get scheduled for build via some computer program (i.e. leveling the mix of options so the line and supply of parts is efficient). (Back when I was in IT, I used to work on a mfg parts leveling program; that's where my assumption comes from.)

The fact that your Caliber keeps getting bumped back must mean some programmatic condition isn't letting it forward, and the reason (or error code, or whatever) *should* be identifiable. How many times now have you bounced from D/D1 back to BX?? I haven't looked at your prev posts but, how much has your salesperson tried to escalate and investigate to find out what's happening in the scheduling computer?

Sounds like you need more "inside" help than a call to the Customer Service Center.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DGK - It's only been this once. It's hard to say if it actually got set back, or if my dealler just gave me D1 to shut me up for a few weeks. I've called DCX Canada and complained about how a 14 week wait is rediculous. The girl took down my info, my dealer info and she called back and said nothing could be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts